Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just purchased a 2016 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab. I've had a Chevy S-10 and a Ford Ranger XLT prior to this truck. Like the mid size trucks as these do the things I need and want out of a truck yet provide a comfortable ride. The Frontier seems like it will do all this.

I do have one issue however, upon receiving the vehicle I'm plagued by having the ABS and SLIP (VDC) lights constantly on. The dealership is working this issue but thought they had if fixed for me only to drive away and a few miles down the road they were back on again. I can't find anything wrong with the performance of the ABS system or VDC system but this concerns me. I see this has been an issue with other vehicles. I take the vehicle back to the dealer today. Let's hope they can figure it out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ya it's not exactly a "common" issue, but I've seen it before too. On my wife's old Odyssey it was a sensor in the transmission. On these trucks it's probably a dirty or bad sensor as well, but could be one of about 8 sensors. They will figure it out. In the mean time you might want to prepare to ask to take delivery of a different one, and I would make a firm statement as to what timeframe you are willing to give them to sort it out. I would think anything more than a week and they ought to consider selling you another in it's place. Are you in a loaner vehicle while they have the truck?

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
Actually, now a days anyway, this is a common problem with many types of vehicles, google it and you will see. I skimmed the threads and a few common denominators on new vehicles are (believe it or not), brake fluid levels, brake switch under the pedal and loose sensor connectors on the wheels, seems to happen mostly with Nissan and Subaru. Here's a short checklist off the titantalk site:

Re: ABS/VDC OFF/SLIP lights are on
Check brake fluid level
-Check wires for ABS sensors at wheels
-Pull, check, and clean sensors at wheels
-Check sensors on Master Cylinder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts