Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have the opportunity to purchase everything off the front of a titan. Control arms, spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers the works. What im woundering is how much lift id lose by swapping over from the CST spindle to the titan spindle. Would it be four inches? Or is the titan spindle taller then the frontier spindle? Another thing is, what else would i need to change to get things to work, I have brake lines already, ABS lines im sure would need to be changed as well as wheels. Is there anything else?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That link to the sticky does not include swapping the spindle. So your question still stands. If you want to use the titan spindle but keep your lift, why not sell your CST spindles for a set of Titan CST spindles? Maybe you could make enough to offset the cost of the Titan spindles. They make a 4 and 8 inch spindle for the titan. Believe me, I have considered doing the same thing myself...titan swap with a set of 8 inch CST spindles, titan rotors, brake calipers - probably have to change master cylinder to the titan as well...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well since your bolt pattern will change, are you planning on new rims and perhaps spacers with the new bolt pattern for the rear axle, or would you swap rear axles?

·
Registered
854 Posts
without swapping the master cylinder i would imagine proper braking would be a problem and then of course you might throw codes, however thats just speculation

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
There is no lift when swapping over to the Titan spindles from Frontier ones. I found this out when researching my titan brake upgrade idea.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Just another thing to think about. I know they upgraded the front brakes on the titan in 08 so this could force your wheel options to 18" or larger to clear the caliper.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thats what i may end up doing. Just purchase some titan spindles then sell my frontier ones to offset the cost a bit. I think 8" would be a bit much for my truck, I dont know how i could lift the rear enough to keep up with it.
Do an Xterra/Frontier leaf pack bastardization, its what I might try later this year if i can get the scratch to throw on a 4x4 titan suspension, theres about 7 or 8 titans close by at the yard i wanna pick through...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
if you do sell your 4" spindles how much would you want for them?

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
without swapping the master cylinder i would imagine proper braking would be a problem and then of course you might throw codes, however thats just speculation
I talked to PRG Greg about swapping the MC. I found he didn't do it when he swapped the Xterra. Because the MC is used for the clutch pedal there is no direct swap to the titan MC. He said the brakes are softer but they don't go to the floor and it still stops better with the bigger brakes.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hey, wolf...

Where did you find a complete titan fron end? I am starting to think I wanna go off the deep end with my truck! I want to titan swap, with a 3 inch suspension lift AND a 2 inch body lift.

Did you find it in a junk yard? I may spend the weekend searching junk yards. I know of a few that are ultra cheep, but you have to pull it your self. (fine by me!)

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Swapping the titan spindle will actually give you 1/2" of lift. Unless you are dead set on a specific set up, swapping hubs, rotors, brakes, and ABS is not worth the cost in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts