Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
Shaping up to be a three peat no snow winter here in MN. I swear, I finally buy a capable winter rig and.... No soup for me....
Didn't you guys already get a decent snowstorm in MN?

I guess I'm starting the thread again this year. :)
Beautiful start to the thread! Very nice!

I have this (non-thread starting worthy) pathetic pic from a few days ago, but I'm posting it anyway, because you never know, one year we got one inch and one year we got 8ft here in PA.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,815 Posts
Been waiting a month for someone to start it - since I was playing in the snow while hunting in October

Attachments

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Reactions: Daan1sh

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Didn't you guys already get a decent snowstorm in MN?

Beautiful start to the thread! Very nice!

I have this (non-thread starting worthy) pathetic pic from a few days ago, but I'm posting it anyway, because you never know, one year we got one inch and one year we got 8ft here in PA.

North and west of the metro area. We got an inch or so of slop. Temps have been WAY above normal so all if it melted in short order.

·
Rogue Admin
13,815 Posts
Didn't take any pics, but went up into the snowy mountains with my sons and our puppy to get our Christmas tree. It was our puppy's first time seeing snow and at first she wasn't too sure what to make at it when she saw it, but once she started to walk around, that turned into skipping and just a look of pure fun on her face.

·
Rogue Admin
13,815 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
How's the snow in Reno? You think it'll be similar to last year? Supposed to spend NYE Reno again this year.
There is currently snow at the top of Peavine Mountain but none on the valley floor. Hard to say how it will be that far out...there could be 6 inches of snow on the ground, it could be 60 degrees and raining, or it could be dry as a bone with highs in the 20s. Our snow after a "typical" storm is usually gone within a day or two. In the mountains it obviously sticks around all winter, but the quality deteriorates when it isn't fresh. That's why I hate trying to plan winter wheeling trips too far in advance around here...never know what any given trail is going to be like on any given day. I saw your earlier post where you mentioned you'd be in town. I'll send you a text if I'm in town and free that weekend (and if wheeling conditions are good). Maybe we can add some more pics to the thread. ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
...nothing to speak of or photo worthy overnight in upstate NY that washed away with the rain before lunch...

Been driving on frozen roads since 30 Aug at the TOW...

Didn't get much snow on the tires today but found some awesome views.
...that last one is amazing::smile::

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wasn't able to harvest an elk on my trip up North, but I was able to see some of our beautiful country. My grandfather an I each had a rifle bull tag for unit 7E. It runs from Flagstaff, AZ, about halfway to the Grand Canyon and lies between highway 180 and 89. We varied in elevation from 4000, down in the pinions, and all the way into the aspens, 9500+ feet. By the time the week had ended, I had drove about 400 miles off-road. Fun trip...

·
Registered
260 Posts
What's all that white stuff?

·
Registered
69 Posts
@Grommit I've heard of it too. Even saw it for 15 minutes once in Tallahassee while I was at FSU.

·
Registered
397 Posts
What's all that white stuff?
...dandruff, china white, turkey feathers?:surprise: (all depending on where you're from)...

1 - 20 of 164 Posts