Nissan Frontier Forum banner
261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
My dealer confirmed they have the software update, my appointment is for next Wednesday to have my software updated.
Please let us know if you get any additional info regarding the software update. I am curious what the software update will do to the TCM in regards to the parking pawl alignment? I was not aware the pawl was controlled by the TCM, just monitored in its correct position?? I may be totally off on this. Either way, keep us posted and glad there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just bought the truck. They said with the 22’s it’s software only and with the older gen with new drive train it’s the pawl
Now It's Time To Order The Lift and Make This Pro-4X Look Like A Rear 4x4
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
35 Posts
Please let us know if you get any additional info regarding the software update. I am curious what the software update will do to the TCM in regards to the parking pawl alignment? I was not aware the pawl was controlled by the TCM, just monitored in its correct position?? I may be totally off on this. Either way, keep us posted and glad there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel ;)
Hey I’d be fine if this update is to the TCM shifting logic, maybe it would fix the cruise control downshift high rev probl
Just bought the truck. They said with the 22’s it’s software only and with the older gen with new drive train it’s the pawl
Now It's Time To Order The Lift and Make This Pro-4X Look Like A Rear 4x4

View attachment 358755
so the software and pawl recall are two separate issues? So if someone doesn’t have the new pawl hardware installEd (waiting on parts) can they get the software update anyways without it?

The newer trucks like yours and mine already had the pawl hardware fix at the factory.

Just trying to wrap my head around if the actual part and software update are connected.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wow, I just checked. My truck is no longer listed in the recall. If the previous poster is correct, some 2022 owners will need a software update and that's it, while 2020 and 2021 owners will possibly need the physical pawl fixed. That would also explain why all of the TSB guides have shown 2020 and 2021 models being worked on.

I'm still a bit confused, but hopeful this was all a big nothing burger?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm going to very lightly jab here at all the guys that said they were glad they had a 2020/2021 over a 2022 because they didn't want to deal with potential issues on the 2022.

Only comment I'll make on it. At the end of the day it's all kind of a crapshoot I suppose. Ford's Bronco revival is a pile of **** on wheels that has already had 5 NHSTA recalls and the stupid things barely even actually exist yet. Guy in another topic here traded his Black Diamond Bronco in for a 2022 Pro-4x and noted that the Bronco felt crappy and the only upside was the strong 2.7l turbo motor.

They are pushing out these products too soon, all of them. Just get it on the market and fix it later. Cars are turning into modern videogames.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
877 Posts
I'm going to very lightly jab here at all the guys that said they were glad they had a 2020/2021 over a 2022 because they didn't want to deal with potential issues on the 2022.

Only comment I'll make on it. At the end of the day it's all kind of a crapshoot I suppose. Ford's Bronco revival is a pile of **** on wheels that has already had 5 NHSTA recalls and the stupid things barely even actually exist yet. Guy in another topic here traded his Black Diamond Bronco in for a 2022 Pro-4x and noted that the Bronco felt crappy and the only upside was the strong 2.7l turbo motor.

They are pushing out these products too soon, all of them. Just get it on the market and fix it later. Cars are turning into modern videogames.
The new Tundra is a great example of rushing it........a teacher at my grandson's elementary school has a high trim Bronco. I noticed there was a new Ranger parked in her usual spot the other day. Her Bronco was back today. I'm guessing that Ranger was a loaner....

·
Registered
2021 Pro 4x
337 Posts
Thats what it sounds like to me. They told me 2022 is a non issue for anything mechanical.
2022 frontiers made before the new pawl pin was put into production will need the pin recall... july 13 2021 to june 14 2022 production dates will all need the pin updated along with all the 2021 and 2020 models.

·
Registered
412 Posts
2022 frontiers made before the new pawl pin was put into production will need the pin recall... july 13 2021 to june 14 2022 production dates will all need the pin updated along with all the 2021 and 2020 models.
I'm not sure, my 2022 example made in Oct. 2021 has had no recalls listed anymore on Nissans site for several days now.

261 - 280 of 302 Posts