Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the link for the recall information.

Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment | NHTSA

Affects 20-22 Frontiers & Titans

Potential Number of Units Affected 180,176
Summary
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2020-2022 Frontier and Titan vehicles. The transmission parking pawl may not engage when the vehicle is shifted into park, which can result in a vehicle rollaway.
Remedy
Owners are advised to apply the parking brake every time they park their vehicle. The remedy is currently under development. Interim owner notifcation letters are expected to be mailed July 20, 2022. Second letters will be mailed once the remedy is available. Owners may contact Nissan's customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Nissan's number for this recall is R22A2 R22A3.

Download the pdf file for more details.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Appreciate the heads-up on this.
Interesting that at this point in time, even though they must certainly know, Nissan is not listing/publishing the VIN ranges for effected vehicles. Only a total possible number of effected vehicles and even then they are are not breaking down the numbers by MY.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The article if to believed says its the parking pawl. Every AT I have seen apart had them on the tailshaft. Sometimes there is a rear cover that can come off, sometimes the transmission has to come out and the guts removed. Hope its not that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Saw this in yesterday's thread Frontier Recalls posted by WestFront. In that thread there is a link to the NHTSA documentation that can be followed to Nissan's acknowledgement of the problem but no information as to actual vehicles, VIN ranges or build dates that might be effected. The link to yahoo!news provided in this thread by Pro4Ray does provide that missing information and completes the picture.
Sounds like this has the potential to get messy for some.

·
Premium Member
8,475 Posts
Well, if you have more than 3 days’ driving experience you should know if that rig feels like it’s gonna roll or not when you shift to park…

Are the manual transmission guys laughing yet?? 😆
Nope...just/still prideful! :cool:

Reactions: Pro4Ray

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S 4x4
446 Posts
It’s weird how there is an 18 day gap that wasn’t affected, between June 25th and July 13th.Did they not produce any during that period? Why else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cleary, the normal shift pawl installer guy didn’t know what he was doing and when he took his vacation, the replacement guy did…

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guys and gals who always use their park brake are laughing too.
Drove MT for most of my life so this was normal practice. AT should use it too to alleviate stress on the AT when parked, especially so if not on flat non-rolling surface. Of course most sheeple do not know common sense stuff like this anyways and they wonder why they get really hard clunks when shifting from park. And also wonder why they end up replacing AT more than most MT replace clutches. :) oh yeah that 2007 SE list in signature original clutch at 213k and still did not slip a bit. Got asked many times when I replaced it.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
We had a 1994 Suburban whose wipers were intermittent; a recall covered the 1994 year, but not our VIN though we had the exact same issue. GM wanted $50 for replacement circuit board (a bad solder joint) plus $50 installation to fix - why not make $$$ from your mistake !!! I resoldered the broken solder joint.

On the other hand, last Wed. the Nissan dealer replaced the lower steering shaft on my 2004 Frontier under recall. Dealer wouldn't give me back my part, said it had to be shipped back to Nissan (I think the dealer lied about that). That way someone(s) had to process it, costing Nissan more money.....the recall was for possible corrosion, not likely to happen in Arizona....

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
935 Posts
Problem is the parking brake will not hold the vehicle on a steep hill. It would slow it down, but not stop it. And I'm scheduled to pull a pontoon boat to the boat ramp Friday. Sigh....

1 - 20 of 299 Posts