Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 nissan frontier 4.0 fan clutch and abs/slip problem

I just bought a 6 speed manual 4wd v6 off a guy. It had 105k miles... i knew when i bought it it had a few problems but i got it for a fair price... Ive been reading about some common problems and thought maybe i would get yall's opinion as well. For one thing the fan is always running, sounds like semi even at cold start with ac off at higher rpms. I am assuming its the fan clutch and i ordered one and will install it myself. There is also a squeal at mid to higher rpms. maybe it has to do with the fan clutch i dont know. It looks like the belt tensioner is loose and when you rev the engine it moves a bit so it could be that and i'll probably put a new one of them in unless the fan clutch fixes that...
Another problem is something to do with the abs system. sometimes after i start driving the brake pedal jumps around like when you try to brake on ice. Then the abs and slip lights come on and then the brakes feel fine. From what i read it must be an abs sensor. But how do i know which sensor and where is it at? Is this something easy to install myself? Another problem is the 4wd doesnt always engage. Sometimes it wont engage and i turn off the truck and turn it back on and it will engage perfectly normally. Ive heard this can be related to the abs sensor deal.
Anyone have any advice on any of this stuff? Or anybody that knows these trucks real good know of anything else i should be checking out or anything?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't have any repair advice for you, but you might want to edit your thread title so that it is more clear what you're topic is- "Frontier Problems" on a Frontier forum is pretty non descript. Maybe reference the year and model, issues, your name, something to identify the thread. Maybe split it up into one thread per problem? Good luck with the new truck.
I assume you did a search first for other threads describing a similar problem and see if they found a solution, but if not you might try that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks yea not sure how to change title on the thread but maybe I can start new individual ones or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts