Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far. How comfortable are the seats for road trips? We're probably going back to CO next year and id like to have bought a truck by then and take it. Tired of spending $1200 on a rental.
DH357, I know this is kinda resurrecting a zombie but mine has made the MD to ME run multiple times, about 632 miles each way, and it was really pretty comfy overall. I have the Pro4 with heated seats that makes my bad back much happier on longer runs, but as long as I stop every 2 to 2.5 hrs and get out to walk around for a bit, its a very good riding truck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
DH357, I know this is kinda resurrecting a zombie but mine has made the MD to ME run multiple times, about 632 miles each way, and it was really pretty comfy overall. I have the Pro4 with heated seats that makes my bad back much happier on longer runs, but as long as I stop every 2 to 2.5 hrs and get out to walk around for a bit, its a very good riding truck.
Thanks for the reply. I test drove a pro4x recently with the leather and it was very comfy, but that's just an around the block drive.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I test drove a pro4x recently with the leather and it was very comfy, but that's just an around the block drive.
I concur as well. I also have the heated leather seats and they are really nice. A bonus is that the seating surfaces are actually leather, unlike some other vehicles where they are fancy vinyl. The backs and sides are still vinyl of course, but that's a given.

Some people don't like leather because you can slide around a lot more, but I find it easier to reposition myself during longer trips by scooting around the seat as needed. Along with the manual lumbar support, it makes driving much easier on my back!

I don't think I'll ever go back to unheated seats after this!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
+1 Mech LOL, the Boss has informed me that I am now not ever permitted to ever again purchase a vehicle w/o heated seats. She got spoiled by them in my Cruze RS and told me when I brought the Pro4 home that it better have heated seats or it was going back. It does, and all was well and right w/ the world. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Those rental vehicles we had both had heated seats and i agree it was nice on my back while driving that far. The AC seats are nice to preventing swampy butt syndrome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So as I mentioned in my new member post, I'm looking at getting a new(er) truck early next year, but started searching now to get an idea of what I want and cost. I've focused on the PRO4X models but I'm not really sure I "need" that model or just want it. At a minimum it'd be an Arctic Blue (not negotiable :😄:) CC SV 4X4 with VTP. Ive read the SV's have a traction system that limits open diff spin? For me this will be a long term ownership vehicle so I don't want scrimp on truck just to save a buck. Also has anyone gotten the M/T and regretted it?

So, what all are the differences in an SV CC 4x4 w/VTP vs a PRO4X? I do know the P4 has Hankook Dynapro ATMs stock, which I have and really like these tires.
I chose to go with the Pro04x w/luxury package. The ONLY reason I went with the Pro-4x is because the luxury option was available and I wanted the moonroof, roof rack and leather stitched seating. I do a lot of off roading but commute about 30 miles each way every day so I wanted luxury and ruggedness. However, if I didn't sit in so much traffic, I would have gone with the CC SV 4x4 with VTP. I have not been in a situation where the locker has been needed, and the items that come with the vehicle truck package are awesome, especially the spray in bedliner. As others have mentioned, I would then throw on the pro-4x wheels and call it a day. Most off road enthusiasts tend to swap out for bigger tires, suspension components anyways so no need to spend the extra mula from the factory if you will just end up replacing down the road.

Also If I had the choice I would have gotten a M/T - so much more fun with the torqueness of the 4.0

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well on the way home i about smoked a deer. So im getting a bumper for sure. Does anyone have an ARB bumper? If so do you like it, pros/cons? I like its looks better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I chose to go with the Pro04x w/luxury package. The ONLY reason I went with the Pro-4x is because the luxury option was available and I wanted the moonroof, roof rack and leather stitched seating. I do a lot of off roading but commute about 30 miles each way every day so I wanted luxury and ruggedness. However, if I didn't sit in so much traffic, I would have gone with the CC SV 4x4 with VTP. I have not been in a situation where the locker has been needed, and the items that come with the vehicle truck package are awesome, especially the spray in bedliner. As others have mentioned, I would then throw on the pro-4x wheels and call it a day. Most off road enthusiasts tend to swap out for bigger tires, suspension components anyways so no need to spend the extra mula from the factory if you will just end up replacing down the road.

Also If I had the choice I would have gotten a M/T - so much more fun with the torqueness of the 4.0
The luxury pro4x is definitely nice. Gave up on the manual, none around here that i could find. I did see one im watching dropped to under 21k today. 17, gray, sv 4x4 w/vtp. Wife and i agreed no buying until after christmas so hopefully no one snags it.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts