Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Anyone have the moonroof option? If so, any problems with it? Im starting to lean towards just getting an SV CC 4X4 VTP with moonroof and call it good. Then just build it up however i want.
I have it and it works fine. I generally just tilt up the back rather than actually open it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks for the replies so far. How comfortable are the seats for road trips? We're probably going back to CO next year and id like to have bought a truck by then and take it. Tired of spending $1200 on a rental.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi guys, been a while. Got to thinking, has anyone ever leased a Frontier? I saw Nissan has a 289/mo lease on SV 4x4 VTP trucks and it's an interesting idea and would give me time to build up cash to buy with or move on if I decide I dont like the truck. And id end a brand new truck out of the deal. I just know nothing about leasing vehicles. Thanks!
The downside to buying out a lease is that you almost always end up paying more in total for the vehicle than if you'd just financed it. You do get those low payments at first though, which is definitely nice. But it's really more intended for people who want a new vehicle every few years, which is why you see all those lease specials where they'll discount the vehicle even more if you're trading in your previous lease.

Leasing isn't for me though, so to be honest I've never really explored it as an option.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have it and it works fine. I generally just tilt up the back rather than actually open it.
Me,too. Didn’t think I’d like or use it much, but being that it’s summer, I’ve used and liked it every day.

Thanks for the replies so far. How comfortable are the seats for road trips? We're probably going back to CO next year and id like to have bought a truck by then and take it. Tired of spending $1200 on a rental.
My wife & I both love the seats & would rather do the 8-9 hours to Sacramento in my truck than her ‘19 RAV4 with leather. Everybody is different though...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Everybody has a different opinion about what's comfortable and what's not. The seats in my previous Tacoma were awful, the Tundra after that was better, but not great. I've found the seats in my Pro to be much more comfortable than both...but they don't hold a candle to the seats in my old Jeep Cherokee.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I agree its different for everyone. My wifes car is pretty comfy but we're not driving a Rogue to Colorado, not enough room and I dont trust the CVT in the mountains. My 98 Silverado Z71 was like a driving a recliner but my current 04 Silverado Z is nearly as comfy. I appreciate the replies so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Sorry to keep asking questions ha. How hard/easy is it to add a receiver hitch? I've seen several that I like including one I just saw that has the spray in liner but no hitch. It'd also have to have the plug attached as well.

I appreciate all the replies and insight so far. The builds you guys have are awesome! Ive seen alot of overland type trucks around here in NE OK lately, mostly Tacos but Frontiers as well.

EDIT-- Just curious if there are any differences in the 17-18-19 MY's? I do know the 19s have the 7" screen but otherwise are there any differences?
Yes I know it seems like Ive been a little indecisive throughout this thread. Mainly just trying to figure out my wants/needs vs affordability.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry to keep asking questions ha. How hard/easy is it to add a receiver hitch? I've seen several that I like including one I just saw that has the spray in liner but no hitch. It'd also have to have the plug attached as well.
The vast majority of SV trucks I have seen have been equipped with the Value Truck Package which includes the hitch, and there's also a package that has just the liner and the hitch. That one sounds like the Work Truck Package which has the bedliner but no hitch, unless someone removed it. (I'm speaking of the 2019 models that I've studied, earlier years may be different.)

The OEM hitch is available from the dealer as an accessory though, so it shouldn't be too hard to add. There are probably aftermarket hitches as well.

EDIT-- Just curious if there are any differences in the 17-18-19 MY's? I do know the 19s have the 7" screen but otherwise are there any differences?
https://ppg.nissanproduct.info/ is an awesome resource for prospective owners. It's a lot easier than trying to configure different trucks with the Nissan website build tool, and lets you compare earlier years as well. But for the most part, there aren't many major differences between those years, in fact the screen is the only one that I can think of.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The vast majority of SV trucks I have seen have been equipped with the Value Truck Package which includes the hitch, and there's also a package that has just the liner and the hitch. That one sounds like the Work Truck Package which has the bedliner but no hitch, unless someone removed it. (I'm speaking of the 2019 models that I've studied, earlier years may be different.)

The OEM hitch is available from the dealer as an accessory though, so it shouldn't be too hard to add. There are probably aftermarket hitches as well.

https://ppg.nissanproduct.info/ is an awesome resource for prospective owners. It's a lot easier than trying to configure different trucks with the Nissan website build tool, and lets you compare earlier years as well. But for the most part, there aren't many major differences between those years, in fact the screen is the only one that I can think of.
Ill look into it, thank you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Did something dumb today. Drove a pro4x luxury. Dang it's much nicer than the bargain sv. I don't really want leather though but it was nice. Seriously though, it rode pretty good. In general I just liked it better, interior, utilitrac, spray in liner etc. We got an unexpected bonus at work so im looking hard at pro4x now. Wasnt sure at what I wanted vs needed and maintain decent payments. This forum has been great to learn about the trucks for sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just purchased a SV 4x4 vtp Midnight Edition. Had the chance to buy a P4X... only reason i didn’t was because it was white and it had the complete decal package. I also didn’t want a sunroof. I’ve never had good luck with those.
Didn’t like it too much. Plus I plan on driving on roads more then off road. Either way they’re basically the same truck. You can always add Bilsteins and a e-locker later on if you feel you need it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Looking around and found decent amount of trucks for sale within about 250 miles for a good price. I originally wanted arctic blue but now I'm thinking gray looks good as well. Will probably end up getting an SV w/VTP mainly due to price. The pro is nicer yes, but im cheap and trying to stay in budget.

One thing ive always wanted and really want on this is a full replacement front bumper. Looked at shrockworks, hefty fab and arb and although i like the three, i think i like the arb (3438320) the best. For those that have or had them, how well do they hold up, is it fairly simple to install or is it difficult? How sturdy is ther mounting? Would i need to respring front end or worry about suspension wearing out with extra weight? I really appreciate all your inputs so far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dh357,
I have the exact truck you want. 2016 CC, SV, 4x4, VTP, auto and Arctic Blue.
I absolutely love it. Having the hitch all set up, the bed liner sprayed and utili-track is icing on the cake. Never wanted a sun roof in a truck, and the 4x4 is perfect for what, I do which is hiking and the occasional bird hunt.

I got mine used with 11k miles on Vroom.com for $ 23,600 in March this year.

get one used with low miles, gray is nice too, and you have an amazing value.

good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Dh357,
I have the exact truck you want. 2016 CC, SV, 4x4, VTP, auto and Arctic Blue.
I absolutely love it. Having the hitch all set up, the bed liner sprayed and utili-track is icing on the cake. Never wanted a sun roof in a truck, and the 4x4 is perfect for what, I do which is hiking and the occasional bird hunt.

I got mine used with 11k miles on Vroom.com for $ 23,600 in March this year.

get one used with low miles, gray is nice too, and you have an amazing value.

good luck!
That's about what im seeing price wise for 18s. Im definitely chompin at the bit to trade my old yet trusty Silverado in for a frontier. Last night i found out there's replacement radios that have nav and are big enough to see while driving, that'd be nice in CO or anywhere else we go. I like going on short road trips. Modifications i want so far are
Front bumper guard- shrock, hefty arb type

Dynapro atm tires if it's an sv

Skid plates, for colorado since I'm wanting to do some trails in it

Mount my 15" light bar on the front and a small on the back for auxiliary reverse lighting

And maybe a tonneau or shell on the bed, again for colorado travels to keep our stuff cleanish and dry.

It'll take a while to build it up but i do look forward to it and exploring.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if you're going to get a replacement head-unit -- get one with Apple Car Play and/or Android auto - much better with Google or Apple maps.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can confirm that the built in navigation found in the higher end Frontiers is pretty lackluster. I tried using it when I first got the truck and it's basically more than a decade out of date in terms of look and feel. In fact, it performs almost exactly like the suction cup Garmin I had back around 2005. The maps are also not up to date, I was in an unfamiliar section of my city and it tried routing me across a street that was blocked by a median. I don't know when the median was added, but judging from the weathering on the concrete curbs, it had been there for at least 5-10 years. Google's map of the area was correct though.

The most frustrating aspect is that it locks data input while moving for safety reasons, but this also means that my passenger can't use the unit either. So I usually just have my passenger run the nav on their phone and prop it up in the cup holder or something. At some point I'll likely replace it with an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I can confirm that the built in navigation found in the higher end Frontiers is pretty lackluster. I tried using it when I first got the truck and it's basically more than a decade out of date in terms of look and feel. In fact, it performs almost exactly like the suction cup Garmin I had back around 2005. The maps are also not up to date, I was in an unfamiliar section of my city and it tried routing me across a street that was blocked by a median. I don't know when the median was added, but judging from the weathering on the concrete curbs, it had been there for at least 5-10 years. Google's map
Thanks. Saw several that i liked with good reviews and i think android auto.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts