Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new YT channel taking the Frontier on backroads, byways, softroading and cool places is up and running. Can’t wait for warm weather here in the Midwest! Thanks for checking it out. This on camera thing is new to me so it’s good to get out of your comfort zone and try new things.

Please let me know if you have suggested roads to drive or places to go visit. Thanks for feedback and inspiration!

FirstPath

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
New video up! A four mile favorite Rustic Road in Wisconsin.
Nice job! I like how you have an actual structure in your videos, not just "lemme turn the camera on and ramble blah blah"
Question: What camera(s) are you using to film your footage?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice job! I like how you have an actual structure in your videos, not just "lemme turn the camera on and ramble blah blah"
Question: What camera(s) are you using to film your footage?
Thanks for the nice feedback. For the most part I use a GoPro 6 & 8 along with a LUMIX G85 mirrorless camera. Sometimes I also use an Osmo Pocket 2 handheld gimbal camera. Hardest part is shooting the vehicle by yourself. Stop and starts, moving cameras, doing drive-bys, then doing that all over again. Plan is to work a follow drone into the mix at some point as well.
FP

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
For the most part I use a GoPro 6 & 8 along with a LUMIX G85 mirrorless camera. Sometimes I also use an Osmo Pocket 2 handheld gimbal camera.
That explains the smooth footage. The one thing I can't stand is shaky handheld footage that looks like there's a neverending earthquake going on.
It's amazing how many other YouTubers don't understand the simple concept of stabilized video.

Looking forward to more videos, subbed and belled haha :D

Side-related question: are you knowledgeable enough in the camera world to provide some buying advice beyond simple spec-vs.-spec comparisons?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts