Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am new to this group was online looking for solutions and came across this club...

Got this 2005 frontier
Was driving and the check light was coming on...so called the mechanic and told him..

Mechanic : stop switch off the vehicle and start it back ...so I did

It came off!
While driving it came back on..
So I did what the mechanic said again,
And it came back on..

Drove it home with the light on..

Called back the mechanic
He said to take out the primer pump filter drain it and see if it has anything in it..
After draining it found some mock inside of it...
Cleaned it out and put it back up...
Prime the pump and started
It started and cut off!
And kept going like that.

The mechanic came in the evening and bleed the primer pump cause it had some air in it
Now its cranking but not starting..Please Help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check to see what codes it is showing. If its air in the fuel line just keep priming it for a few mins. Just turn the key to run for a few seconds then switch it off. Repeat that for a min or 2. I'm guessing you're talking about the fuel filter? It is common for fuel filters to be directional so I would check that first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried priming for about 30minutes still nothing..filled up the fuel filter and screwed it back on and primed it & then tried to start, the pump immediately went soft again as soon as the ignition lights came on so I primed again until it was hard and got someone to turn the key and I primed while they turned the key it.. nothing..

So unscrewed the fuel filter again and saw that it was not full as I did before so filled it back up and tried again...but still wouldn't start

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did a search and found out what I was thinking is true. The fuel filter is located inside the gas tank on the 05+ frontiers. Can you load a pic of your truck and the part you're working on. What I've done with my fist car was use starting fluid to determine if the problem was a fuel or spark issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I made a mistake it's the Primer pump filter..that's what I took out and drained it and saw the mock inside of it and after filling it back up with diesel and priming it..it wouldn't start but the diesel from the primer pump filter is being used cause I took it out again and saw that it was at half...

Sorry for the mistake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts