1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hell yeah!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hey, this is great news for us Nissan Frontier owners! My question is since these were model year 2010 trucks that were tested are these trucks the same in construction as the 2005-2009 models as far as roof construction? or were modifications done to the 2010 model year trucks tested? Anyone?

I also sent a note to NISSAN USA asking them if the 2005-2010 model year Frontiers would all have the same roof construction that the 2010 model years have. I will let you know what I find out from them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey, this is great news for us Nissan Frontier owners! My question is since these were model year 2010 trucks that were tested are these trucks the same in construction as the 2005-2009 models as far as roof construction? or were modifications done to the 2010 model year trucks tested? Anyone?

I also sent a note to NISSAN USA asking them if the 2005-2010 model year Frontiers would all have the same roof construction that the 2010 model years have. I will let you know what I find out from them.
The only changes *should* be the making the side impact airbags standard.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Saw this in the morning! Nice!!! Made the rest of my day feel safer...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Glad to hear I have a chance if I roll over.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
to think I just dumped $10k on having a cage installed.
i wonder how yours would do on their test wth the cage just out of curiosity. i wonder how many times the weight of the truck most cages can handle. i know it must be pretty high cause you can see vids of even low budget rally cars with cages rolling like 500 times and the roof never collapses

·
Registered
237 Posts
Colardo is a death trap. Nice pic from OP link

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
i wonder how yours would do on their test wth the cage just out of curiosity. i wonder how many times the weight of the truck most cages can handle. i know it must be pretty high cause you can see vids of even low budget rally cars with cages rolling like 500 times and the roof never collapses
there is pretty specific rules that you have to fallow. Rally cars are pretty sticked. Mine has to be 2inch DOM for the main support, because how much it weighs.

should be able to with stand this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmuauSSmaTI
lets just hope I never have to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wow, thats some good info. That really did make my day.

And man, thats a nasty crash. I wonder how a stock Fronty would stand up to that? Probably not too good lol

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The Frontier did well in the rollover test b/c the damn A-pillar is like looking around a tree every time you have to pull out from an intersection.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I remember that from DR. He was screwing around in his drive way or something like that.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Woot woot what, look at that Colorado (typical Chevy). Our trucks hold up quite nicely. This would have been nice a couple of weeks ago if I would have fliped my truck. I ran off the highway doing 80 mph, but I know how to drive so all good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts