Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PICS! Frontier Bed Tent - KC Tent on a CC bed

Hello everyone. I recently got back to a Frontier after I found an Xterra a better "city living" fit for me. (parking is MUCH easier and tight turning radius) >:D

However, I've recently moved back down south and back into a newly purchased 2016 Frontier Pro-4X CC. ::smile::

I previously owned a 2011 Frontier SV 4x4 KC-Long Bed. I purchased the Nissan Bed Tent a few years back from my local dealer and loved the thing! Unfortunately, the Titanic-like turning radius of that truck made it difficult when I moved to the city, and I opted for an Xterra for a few years.

Luckily, I kept the tent. ::grin::

Now that I'm back to a Frontier, I didn't know if the tent would fit the 2016 Pro-4X CC bed. That bed is about a foot shorter than the tent is made for.

So, I unpacked it and gave it a shot. Sure, it's not the perfect fit like it was before (see pictures below) but it certainly fits well enough to be used and only make a few minor adjustments.

On the shorter bed, the tent kinda sinks into the space between the bed and the cab, which can be dangerous because it started to puncture the tent material.

Also, there is a bit of extra fabric that will need to be folded or bunched out of the way inside. Overall though, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

So I just thought I'd post in case anyone had any questions about these tents and swapping the too.

*******OLD FRONTIER PICS (2011 Frontier SV 4X4 KC)*******************

Here's the old truck with the tent when I first bought it and practiced putting it up.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It still looks awesome on the shorter bed.

How long does it take to set up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's relatively quick, though not the first time.

Now that I've put it up a few times, I'd say you can easily unpack it and have it ready to go in about 10 minutes. And it doesn't have the extra dirt/leaves that other tents get.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Welcome back to the Frontier family.

Clint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts