Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all... for you that have lifted your frontiers what have you used on the rear? Online i see lift shackles and aal, however it doesn't mention whether it would fit a 4cyl frontier. Can you guys tell me what you used?

gracias!

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
any lift that will fit a v6 model will fit the 4 cylinder in the rear. Im running the deaver add-a-leaf with bilsteins in the rear and the cst 4" spindle up front. Love it so far, but still looking to do more. An aal is really the most solid and best option for the rear in my view for a simple lift. Besides going to a whole new spring pack. shackles or blocks will work for really simple lift in the back as long as you get longer shocks like bilsteins or something. I just like the idea of adding more strength to the leaf pack instead of lifting it up if you know what I mean. I can say that I think the aal maybe a little on the stiffer side though as far as ride quality. Still rides good though. Heres my 4 banger.

EDIT: My bad. I just looked and noticed you have an older model frontier. Anyway same basic stuff. sorry

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Not on the gen 1s. you can only do a PML on the gen 1 2wd trucks shackle in the rear and crank the bars up front. But its going the wrong way. Do a nice mild drop on it would look good

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Do a nice mild drop on it would look good
What are you talking about mild drop?

hello all... for you that have lifted your frontiers what have you used on the rear? Online i see lift shackles and aal, however it doesn't mention whether it would fit a 4cyl frontier. Can you guys tell me what you used?

gracias!
Unless you're hauling some weight I suggest you do shackled and new shocks in the rear.... What are you doing on the front?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
2in spindle drop and blocks would look very good on a 2wd truck

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Dude.... I think hes looking to lift, not drop.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mild drop wtf? i already have a slammed car don't need another..

i cranked my tbars up front.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2982/21/32452510008_large.jpg

cant really tell from this pic but the front is higher. I just want to even things out.

my question is which shackles to go with? just any for a 1st gen frontier?

on a side note i came across a waggy dana 44 front axle for five large..

i really want a 4x4 :/

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha! thats all i needed! THANKS! i think i need new leafs tho.. my rear bottoms out easy. this truck is an ex construction so it was always pulling a mixer and carrying block. so i think the leafs are worn?

haha i had tinted tails... however they were broken so i came up on some factory tinted tails.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
OK so you may opt for the AAL route rather than shackles. Shackles can actually make your leafs bend backwards more and should be added with extended bumpstops and the AAL will help "restore" your leafsprings.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
ha! thats all i needed! THANKS! i think i need new leafs tho.. my rear bottoms out easy. this truck is an ex construction so it was always pulling a mixer and carrying block. so i think the leafs are worn?

haha i had tinted tails... however they were broken so i came up on some factory tinted tails.
Dude that thing is looking rad. Nice dude. I definitely 2nd an AAL though to help your springs out. It will be a little stiffer though most likely.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Considering his rear is bottoming out too easy now he should be good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts