Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all , i am newbie here , hope nayone can solve my problem for my diesel turbo , what is the best way to squeeze more horse power ?

A) boost higher
B) remove catalytic converter
c) piggyback
D) change air filter

my engine code is YD25 = 2.5 diesel turbo , it has 304NM torque and 133 horse power.

please help!

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
As a VW TDI owner (my weekday car) I can tell you that there are several ways to dramtically increase your tourque and HP.

1. Chip it, the German cars love Upsolute, and I think they have a Nissan solution here:

http://www.upsolute.com/eng/index.html

2. Get larger injectors. No idea who makes them for the Navarra, but if you can get a set of larger holes, you'll get more fuel through the engine, though you'll get more smoke under power.

3. Buy a Larger fuel pump.

My Golf, for example, was rated at 90HP/115TQ stock, and now sits at 120HP/235TQ after a chip and larger injectors were installed. It still gets 48MPG on the freeway @ 75MPH, but when I drive it hard in the city, I drop to 38 MPG (compared to 42/49 Stock.)

You might be interested in visiting www.tdiclub.com for more information about diesels, I sure wish we had a Nissan diesel option here in the US!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Three expensive upgrades,

more air = intercooler! (or bigger turbo ... or both) which will require:

more fuel = larger injectors (lower fuel pressure) and a better fuel pump.

which will allow : higher boost pressure (map/maf bleed valve, or chip) then :

get it out = less restrictive exhaust (closer to the turbo the more effective)

it will be a night and day difference in the winter when that intercooler is cold..

oh yeah and co2 intercooler cooler (spraying system) is a good investment also.

·
Registered
75 Posts
well... I didn't realize that post was so old..... doh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts