Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier, 5-speed manual, sitting in my garage. The engine is blown and I'm in the process of replacing it. I already have the old engine out and looking for a replacement engine. While I have everything down, this would be a good opportunity to replace quite a few parts; clutch, fluids, etc. So hopefully this forum will help me. Prior to the engine blowing, I had a problem with the auto locking hubs making rattling noise when in 4x4 mode after I serviced them. Looking to re-fix that also. As you can see, I'm pretty fidgety with my cars.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Welcome to Club Frontier. How many miles did the engine last? What went wrong, can't it be rebuilt?

Clint

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine lasted 107K miles. It started by leaking antifreeze into the oil and ended up blowing up completely. No chance of rebuild. My opinion has always been a used engine instead of rebuilding. It is a lot more cost-effective also.
To my fellow Marylander, I'm in the Baltimore area.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
welcome abaord! i am over here in western maryland. while the engine is out i would replace everything that needs to be replaced, like timing belt and what ot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts