Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to do an oil change today. Decided to experiment with my antisway bar a bit while I had the truck up on the lift.

I removed the nuts that hold the bar to the end links. With effort I was able to rotate the bar around until I hit the lower valence and air dam under the bumper. Removed those three parts (been thinking about that anyway) and pulled the recovery hook, and was able to get the bar very far around:

It looks like with only some rework of the plastic of the front bumper cover like the bar could be rotated around a full 180 degrees and pulled up out of the way of the suspension and wheels.

Now, I did have to pull a wheel and turn the steering in order to get the bar to swing, but it did swing. it would not be the absolute easiest trailhead disconnect, but it wasn't stupid-hard either. It may require pulling the endlinks at the LCAs, or maybe pulling there instead and rotating the whole thing around and using those endlinks to attach somewhere up inside the hollow bumper.

Or, design an aftermarket front bumper to accept he swaybar when it's disconnected.

Additionally for anyone looking for this info, the 2015 Nissan Frontier D40 sway bar is 50.5 inches from end-hole to end-hole, and the outer ends of the frame mounts are 26 inches wide. Presumably this applies to all D40s and the Pathfinder and Xterra of this era.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any of you guys with wheel spacers and aftermarket front bumpers willing to give this a try?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts