Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently i just changed the oil and oil filter on my 2000 frontier, but had to take off my front skid plate to reach the oil filter. but when i went to put it back on. the bolts that held it in place didn't grip and there was a really good chance of it falling off while driving. so i had to take it off. also some of the bolts where missing.

anyone know how to fix this problem? also what size of bolts will i need to get to have all the correct ones..

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
This happened to me too. Just take the bolts to Lowes or HD and they have replacements similar but not the same. I wish I could have gotton anit-rust bolts for me.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Yup, take one of your good ones into Ace/Homies/Lowes and match the thread and size and buy some nice SS ones. Don't forget to look at bolts with a built-in washer or else you should get washer separate.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If you ever take it on the trail, get some washers too so it will less likely rip off on a rock or something. Mine did, and i've still got the washers from over a year ago holding on the skid plate.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I need a little help from anyone that has dealt with this problem. The stock screws have all gone missing from my front stock skid plate. I have no idea what I need for threading and length. The holes I lined the skid plate up to on the frame don't have threading on them. I know I can't be looking at the wrong holes, cause they line up to the skid plate. Can someone take a picture or post something about the skid plate holes and bolts, please?

Maybe i'm missing something here, sorry if so.

The skid plate was originally hanging by one screw, and it didn't look like a screw that belonged on an automotive application. So I pulled it off before that got ripped out, and now i'm trying to find the right bolts for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The skid plate was originally hanging by one screw, and it didn't look like a screw that belonged on an automotive application. So I pulled it off before that got ripped out, and now i'm trying to find the right bolts for it.
haha i need some mew bolts for mine to.

·
Registered
578 Posts
mine didn't even have a skidplate when i got it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts