Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone please give me the speaker size for both front and rear so that I can replace them with front components and rear coaxials. I have the 2006 SE Crew Cab and based on the brochure it has 6-speakers but I have not physically seen them. I am currently out of town so I cannot confirm their size and I am not one who can open the panels to check (not that mechanically inclined). I am in LA and my friend has told me to get the Focals 1652KP for the fronts and 165CV1 for the coax...I don't know what size to get so if anyone can give me the exact size that I need, it will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the 05 Frontier there are 6x9's in the front and 6.5's in the back. They aren't too hard to get to on your own with the help of the service manual.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My KC has 6X8's in the front doors. I would expect them to be the same in the CC. I can't tell you what the rears are. Sorry.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can anyone tell me where they put the 10 speakers with the Fosgate stereo??

·
Registered
602 Posts
georgiejr-

I am working on upgrading my 05 NSIMO CC's stock speakers to those same Focals. I have got the coaxials in the back so far - they are 6.5's. I understand that up front the Frontier has 6x9's so you will have to get a plate for each door made to hold the Focal 6.5 midbass and then install the tweeter in the stock dash location. It's definitely gonna rock once I get everything completed...just gotta find some more cash. :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NC2JAX,

let me know when you have them. Kind of postponed my audio upgrade for a while since the money went to something of a higher priority - like a new mattress - that swedish one - temper-pudic?

If you could give me details of what head unit and amps you use and if you have a sub...

will be waiting to hear from you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Like I said, I am still working on getting everything put together. I have a Clarion Pro-Logic headunit http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/source_units/DXZ755MC.html and the Focal coaxials in the rear doors. Am getting the Focal components next. The installer at the shop where I am getting the work done has an 05 Frontier CC also, so he is building me a box like his to hold 2 JL Audio 8w3's under the rear passenger seat. I will probably be purchasing a couple of JL Audio amps...one for the mid's and highs and one for the subs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts