Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2in. spacers n the front and 2in. deavers in the rear. I'm wanting to make the truck sit more level or lift the front around .5 to 1in. What is the most affordable way. Without coilovers

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
you could swap the spacers out for some new coils, this is wsaht i did. eventually you will want to getnew coilovers and Upper and lower control arms, but if you are looking for a cheap quick way to do it, that'll do. oh yeah, i wouldnt recommend trying to jump the truck or anything to hardcore with the new coils if you havent gotten new coilovers. they'll snap like a twig

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
you could swap the spacers out for some new coils, this is wsaht i did. eventually you will want to getnew coilovers and Upper and lower control arms, but if you are looking for a cheap quick way to do it, that'll do. oh yeah, i wouldnt recommend trying to jump the truck or anything to hardcore with the new coils if you havent gotten new coilovers. they'll snap like a twig
Why would you need new lower control arms? Unless you are doing the Titan Swap, their is no need.
Cheapest way to gain another .5-1", is a spacer lift. You can get a spacer set as low as $50 on E-bay. You will get constant coil bucket contact with the upper control arms. You might want to do the "UCA Bump Stop" Modification and when the money is available, buy the $500 PRG UCAs. You should invest in Camber Bolts, unless you want uneven tire wear. No need for extended brake lines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roger! What's the deal with the rancho quik lift, I've read it's pretty much a spacer system. Could this be an option or should I just save the extra toward a real front end?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
roger! What's the deal with the rancho quik lift, I've read it's pretty much a spacer system. Could this be an option or should I just save the extra toward a real front end?
Talk to Wolfman, i know he has this lift and likes it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
haha yeah i guess i just typed lower control as well because it makes no sense haha. yeah. i ran spacers for a while at the 3 inch size and they were terrible! i'm much happier with my coils from 4x4 parts even though they may be less durable. I for one will be getting new coilovers and uppers this fall though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I looked into this and didnt hear very good things. They are spendy and some trucks have no noticable lift after installed.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I looked into this and didnt hear very good things. They are spendy and some trucks have no noticable lift after installed.
This may be irrelevant but I am a true believe in rancho... I've had two sets of rancho shocks on my Rodeo ... Now running the RS9000XL adjustable shocks... Holy hell they rock... Turn that knob all the way to zero and flyyyyyyyyyyyy on through the trails in moab like crazy. Turn that knob to 9 and drive it like a Z.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts