Votes: 32 62.7%
  • might be interested in the future 9"

Votes: 4 7.8%
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK i sent an email to mad4wd and they say they are very interested in making a upgraded diff for the 05+ application. However im having second thoughts what diff to use. So ill ask. Im thinking of doing a ford 9" rather than a d44. its stronger, and probibly easier to make. If anyone has an opinion speak up now. THis will all depend on what they can make fit, a 9" is slightly bigger than a d44 so it may not be possible to make it fit without it hanging down slightly. Once i talk to larry this coming week we can come up with a game plan and an idea of the price.

now the big question. who is interested? i mean seriously interested, not just a yea id like one, but people who actually have the money to do this. Its gonna be a lot of work on my part getting info and shite together for them...and id like to have an idea of the interest level.

please also PM me if you are seriously interested and ill make up a list...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they will both be a "dropin" style. or atleast as close to a drop in as can be made. hopefully there will be no modifications to the vehicle with either

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro4x
3,200 Posts
I cant afford one now, but it would definitely be great to have the option in the future.

I don't know enough about both to know which I would prefer, I guess things to consider would be initial cost, cost of replacement parts, availability for lockers, gears, etc and the ground clearance of each.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
I cannot make drive line modifications to my truck, so I'm not in. However, I think you are going to find more luck with Dana44's. Ford 9"s haven't been made for awhile and are becoming a little rarer and more expensive....whereas D44s are ****ing everywhere...

·
Registered
944 Posts
What kind of time frame? I mean are we talking weeks or months or what? I've got alot planned and would want to say yes thinking it was gonna be a few months out and it pops up in 4-5 weeks. If the time frame allows, HELL YA I'M INTERESTED!!! What kind of prices are we talking??? Ballpark of course.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i think some kind of indication on a price would help people determine how serious they are.

i don't think I do enough offroading to justify it right now, but it would definitely be nice to have the option in the future.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
about 1500-2000 for the drop in diff. you would still need lockers and gears. price will depend on what diff is used...aka ford 9" may be cheaper but then you have to buy a 3rd member. prices havent been set, and if i can get several people to be interested with money in hand it may bring the price down.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
i'd definelty be interested....something i wanna do but it won't be for a few months at the minimum....still workin off the excess x-mas credit debt :damn:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
nj05nismo said:
OK i sent an email to mad4wd and they say they are very interested in making a upgraded diff for the 05+ application. However im having second thoughts what diff to use. So ill ask. Im thinking of doing a ford 9" rather than a d44. its stronger, and probibly easier to make. If anyone has an opinion speak up now. THis will all depend on what they can make fit, a 9" is slightly bigger than a d44 so it may not be possible to make it fit without it hanging down slightly. Once i talk to larry this coming week we can come up with a game plan and an idea of the price.

now the big question. who is interested? i mean seriously interested, not just a yea id like one, but people who actually have the money to do this. Its gonna be a lot of work on my part getting info and shite together for them...and id like to have an idea of the interest level.

please also PM me if you are seriously interested and ill make up a list...
both are very good axles..........whatever it is im in.........what kinda cost are we looking at? any ideas?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
nj05nismo said:
about 1500-2000 for the drop in diff. you would still need lockers and gears. price will depend on what diff is used...aka ford 9" may be cheaper but then you have to buy a 3rd member. prices havent been set, and if i can get several people to be interested with money in hand it may bring the price down.
sorry didnt see this one, but i cant really afford it now but i would find a way to get the money within a month................only thing is will they make the whole housing with gears that match rear/no locker so u can still be able to use abls????????????

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
roughly 1500-2000 is the 2nd hand quote i got...ill know for sure once i talk to larry. It might seem steep, but remember this is for a drop in axle that requires nothing but a new driveshaft (its being designed to handle the stock 27 spline outers). Once i have the first one in hand, ill send mesurements to tom wood and have a woody shaft made up that will be a drop in (hopefully). and that will be around another 5-600 bux. When you consider a SAS is 5-10k...this is roughtly half that price, and gives you an equally strong diff (cv's become the weak link, but i have a plan for those too)

toyniss said:
sorry didnt see this one, but i cant really afford it now but i would find a way to get the money within a month................only thing is will they make the whole housing with gears that match rear/no locker so u can still be able to use abls????????????
I suspect ABLS will still work since only the diff is being replaced, everythign else will be stock nissan. As for gears i suspect your on your own for that...but that would be easy to set up with a 9inch or a d44. Im not too worried about loosing abls, since i have a rear locker and it turns the system off. Not only that but a front LSD/locker is 100000 times better than the abls (which i hate for serious wheeling)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
nj05nismo said:
roughly 1500-2000 is the 2nd hand quote i got...ill know for sure once i talk to larry. It might seem steep, but remember this is for a drop in axle that requires nothing but a new driveshaft (its being designed to handle the stock 27 spline outers). Once i have the first one in hand, ill send mesurements to tom wood and have a woody shaft made up that will be a drop in (hopefully). and that will be around another 5-600 bux. When you consider a SAS is 5-10k...this is roughtly half that price, and gives you an equally strong diff (cv's become the weak link, but i have a plan for those too)

I suspect ABLS will still work since only the diff is being replaced, everythign else will be stock nissan. As for gears i suspect your on your own for that...but that would be easy to set up with a 9inch or a d44. Im not too worried about loosing abls, since i have a rear locker and it turns the system off. Not only that but a front LSD/locker is 100000 times better than the abls (which i hate for serious wheeling)
i still like the abls for when locker not really needed, but id go either way......its just im looking to stay stock gears. is there 3.69 for both diffs?

and if there was and lsd/posi to throw in the rear even better, just pull the abls fuse and never hear from it again.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea we are SOL for the lsd for the rear. The locker works just peachy, personally im planning on runing a ected locker in the front, which is LSD when unlocked and a locker when locked...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Im in now, im have an SE tho, I need gears badly, and dont wanta just change the back, think thats all that we can do atm.... My plan is to have 4.10's all around.. if thats possible, i have the cash, just need a bit more info, thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im def. interested. With a stronger front diff Ill be alot more confident in my truck

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sweaty said:
Im in now, im have an SE tho, I need gears badly, and dont wanta just change the back, think thats all that we can do atm.... My plan is to have 4.10's all around.. if thats possible, i have the cash, just need a bit more info, thanks
well as of right now we have no options for our rear diffs.................

1 - 20 of 88 Posts