Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 XE 4X4 about a month ago and I have noticed that the front end is substantially lower than the rear end of my truck. Does anyone know if there are any adjustments I could make to increase the height of my front end? Or should I just spend the money and do a 4' suspension lift. I was kind of planning on waiting a little while to do the suspension lift (money), but I still want my truck to be able to perform when I take it off road without having to drop loads of money on suspension parts.

·
Super Moderator
19,968 Posts
I just bought a 2002 XE 4X4 about a month ago and I have noticed that the front end is substantially lower than the rear end of my truck. Does anyone know if there are any adjustments I could make to increase the height of my front end? Or should I just spend the money and do a 4' suspension lift. I was kind of planning on waiting a little while to do the suspension lift (money), but I still want my truck to be able to perform when I take it off road without having to drop loads of money on suspension parts.
If you have the torsion bar suspension on the front, you can adjust the height by adding more tension to the bars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will that add extra wear or stress to them? Would it be more beneficial to just get a body lift?

·
Super Moderator
19,968 Posts
I don't know a thing about body lifts except that I don't desire one. I don't think the torsion bar will be stressed unless you go way overboard with the tension.

·
Registered
374 Posts
First of all a body lift wont level a truck. A body lift puts pucks between your body and fram normaly 1-3 inch and raises the entire truck this much. So if your looking to level that is not the way to go. Second cranking the torson bar can make it wear faster but I have seen chevy guys do it for years with little to no problems. But rember it will kill your down travel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't yet. I may just do a body lift and tighten the torsion. Sweaty, I'm not familiar with the term "down travel".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just tightened my torsion bars today. I was a little worried because as I was spinning the nut, the screw and top part of the bar were spinning with it. But I ended up getting a good inch lift after 8 full revolutions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts