Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a bad front differential mount, cause vibrations especially at highway speeds of 70. Or only in 4wd. Also how would you change this out? I'm assuming it is pressed in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts
It could, even not in 4WD. As far as replacing it, it would be a lot easier with the axle remove from the car. You can use an air chisel to cut the old one out and then you'll need to press or pound the new one in. Good times! :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could, even not in 4WD. As far as replacing it, it would be a lot easier with the axle remove from the car. You can use an air chisel to cut the old one out and then you'll need to press or pound the new one in. Good times! :p

Thanks for your reply. Not looking forward to it. Have no air tools. Haha damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts
If you had the axle removed, you "might" be able to get creative with a ball joint press kit if you can find the right size cups. You could torch out the rubber insulator and then use a sawzall to cut the sleeve and then use a hammer and chisel to knock it through. File down any burrs and clean up the hole with some light sandpaper. A little grease to help the new one slide through and hammer it in with an appropriate sized cup or similar tool. Make sure you pay attention to the direction of the mount before you remove it and makes some marks so that you get the new one in at the same direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts