Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift the entire truck for maintenance, but all I have is a floor jack, and 4 jack stands. I feel comfortable jacking the rear under the diff, then placing 2 jack stands at one time. But, not sure of what to do in the front, afterward.

Should I jack up each (front) side separately, to place jack stands, or can I jack up the whole front at once from a center location? Where would I best place a floor jack, to get the whole front up, at once?

Truck is a 2005 Frontier. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I use the forward-most front crossmember, where the radiator skid and front diff skid overlap.

(not my pic, found on thenewx.org)
06xterra_16.jpg

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I use the pumpkin in the rear and then the lower A-Arm pockets in the front, one at a time. I know they're not going to bend. The front crossmember in theory should be beefy enough but the idea, even if only theoretical, that something could slip and the engine oil pan is just right there, just makes me nervous. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but that's just me.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
982 Posts
Front crossmember is fine, I don't like using a jack under the diff on a little C200 as I dont trust press fit axle tubes.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I know, I saw that illustration, I still don't like lifting there so will continue to take the extra time to use two jacks on the rear if I need to lift entire rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts