Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject in question? 04 2.4L XE. Any hints on finding a resonablly priced front bumper? Lets face it, dealerships prices are laughable.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Just for confirmation, are you looking for OEM or aftermarket (prerunner, rock crawling, etc...)?

·
Registered
677 Posts
car-part.com can find any part you need at any price point. Just have to call a few phone numbers or shoot off a few emails. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Here is my bumper saga, strap in, it's a long one!

I ordered a really nice, reasonably priced bumper from ARB. Let's face it, it was kick-***! Waited 12 weeks for it to be manufactured and delivered to the off road shop, another 2 weeks to schedule, and Voilia! Installation day!! Or so I thought!

Seems the people at ARB sent the wrong template for cutting the bumper, so after 10 phone calls to tech support, by the off road shop, the 1 person that knew anything about the 2010 model. Good news? Hell no! Seems that the ARB bumper will fit any Frontier-EXCEPT the Pro4X. According to "Mr. Tech Support" they are making the mounts that will fit the Pro4X-IN AUSTRAILIA!!! Maybe, after they get all the kinks worked out "Down Under" they will start putting them out up here! Yippee!! So now my nice, beefy, soon to be deer protecting bumper is sitting on the shop floor, withy to actually install it on the truck. I plan on visiting it frequently, but it is doing me no good. "Mr. Tech Support" said that maybe he can talk his boss into sending out a tech support team to fabricate something(since I am desprately trying to make this a show truck), but I shouldn't hold my breath. Wonderful!

So what to do? Called Shrockworks. They can have me a bumper in-you guessed it!-12 weeks! WooHoo! I talked to Schrockworks a few days ago about a rear bumper with a swing-out spare holder(dare to be different), and they seemed really interested in the idea! They told me if I can get 20-30 other Pro4X owners to pony up the $ in advance, they would be happy to look in to making a prototype! Whaaaaa? I don't know that many people with regular Frontiers!

So here is my problem: The off road shop I'm going to-GREAT guys! Plenty of smarts, able to fabricate pretty much anything. ARB-BIG disappointment, Schrockworks-BIG disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I highly respect ARB and S/W for the quality of their products, but I've waited close to 4 months only to find out that the bumper I paid for, had delivered and almost installed(kudos to John and his guys at the shop for not cutting up my bumper before they got their answer from ARB).

Why in the world would they NOT make a bumper for a truck that is outfitted for off road? Seems to me, someone would put a bad-*** bumper on a Pro4X before an SE or and LE? Right? anyone?

So someone please help. I'm in Texas, I have a beautiful little-soon-to-be-big Pro4X, and I need a damn bumper!!!!! I'm moving back to Virginia soon, and I need something that can take a 160 pound deer at about 40mph-it WILL happen! My old XTerra was living proof, and I went through 3 of the Nissan brush guards in 2 years. Thank god they don't offer those anymore! I will be willing to go anywhere in the state if the quality is there, and price is not important-I just want the quality! If someone knows anyone, drop me a line.

Best of luck to the rest of my Fronty friends!

·
Registered
677 Posts
What exactly are the differences between the Pro-4x and SE? I know the 1 piece vs 2 piece bumper but what is different underneath? I would think at some point the mounts are the same. I would look into that, and then just buy the SE parts to convert your truck to an SE (minus the chrome bumper) and then mount up your ARB. Sure it will cost $ but that doesn't seem to be an object for you. That would be the quickest way to mount up your current bumper.

Edit: Also its possible that it is not a PRO-4x problem, but really an 09-10 problem since they changed the front end in all models.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OP where are you located? There is a shop in Dallas, Tx named Dal-chrome. They basically takes old bumpers, refurb them and sell them. If your anywhere around there you should check them out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts