Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Things always work in funny ways, 2 days after a got a letter from my bank saying my truck was paid for, my sister backed into my bumper with her CR-V.

It's not bad but I love my truck so much the slightest thing like this will bother me until its fixed, now the question is. Is there anyplace in the Portland, OR area that you take/trust YOUR Frontier with? Who does good work around here?

There is one crease in the bumper that you can feel when you run your finger over it, is this able to be filled or buffed out? Can I do this myself maybe? I am a stickler for perfection, Thanks in advance here are two pics for some reason its worse than it looks like in the pic's

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
I imagine it can be easily repaired as you didn't break the plastic. The most important thing is adding a flex agent to the paint so it can bend if bumped and not crack and flake off. How often do you see a car with peeling bumpers? Pretty often as they got a "cheap price" and equally poor product.
There is a member on here named TheOregonFront and I believe their family business is an auto body shop. Good luck, the truck will be perfect again.

Clint

·
Registered
637 Posts
So are you looking for a shop? I used to be an adjuster and we has some preferred shops that I liked. One in particular was Nu Way off MLK (or Grand). They did a lot of higher end european cars, but seemed to go really good work.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So are you looking for a shop? I used to be an adjuster and we has some preferred shops that I liked. One in particular was Nu Way off MLK (or Grand). They did a lot of higher end european cars, but seemed to go really good work.
Yes, in a nutshell. This kinda stuff bothers me, I have the monk syndrome I wont be able to rest or sleep well unless its fixed. I honestly wish that was a joke but its not, it really will bug the crap outta me.

My main concern is will a body shop even bother with something so small? I can imagine this will be around 4-600 bucks? am I right? If thats the case I found a couple bumper covers in the 100-145 range might as well get a new bumper....

Thanks, I will look into Nu Way!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
I think it would be in the $300 range. Try to PM TheOregonFront and maybe he could give you a rough idea from your pictures.

Clint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts