Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking about changing my front brake pads and changing the rotors along with them.

But looking into rotors it looks like there are two sizes that usually come up for the Frontier. One roughly 11.2" and the other 11.7".

For example on courtesyparts it lists the two rotors with the part numbers 40206-9BD0B (11) 40206-9BE0C (11.7)

The part numbers don't match what's in this thread for the rotors:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/oem-nissan-part-number-listing-60682/

And looking into it, I think the main difference in rotors are the sizing. Where the differences are some are 296mm and the other 286mm.

Could someone confirm what size I should be getting for a 2007 Frontier Crewcab V6 4WD or what the differences would be between the two sizes? Looking into it, it sounds like the 11.2" is what comes stock with the truck.

I would think the bigger rotor would be better but for the cheaper rotors at NAPA the bigger rotor is cheaper:
https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/NB_48880369/NB_48880369_0269079145
https://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/NB_48880370/NB_48880370_0193942937

Also I'm still deciding on which rotors to get but have found various places that mentioned Wagner as making good rotors. But I can't find any details on the differences between the different ones.

For example looking at Rock Auto:
2010 NISSAN FRONTIER 4.0L V6 Rotor | RockAuto

I don't think I see any real difference between the BD126303E and the BD126303. If anything BD126303E has more details and pics along with it, that makes it look a bit better even though it's cheaper. Although it doesn't have any specs on it. Is the BD126303 worth the additional price over the other one?

Also are the OEM rotors really $90-$120 rotors quality wise? Or are they equivalent to some a bit cheaper but just marked up with an OEM sticker on it? From what I gathered they are better quality but not sure compared to what.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. It looks like you're right. At first I didn't think it would be the issue because I put in the V6 option for the vehicle but when looking up the 4 cylinder it brings up the same diagram and parts listing:

V6:
FRONT BRAKES for 2014 Nissan Frontier

4 Cylinder:
FRONT BRAKES for 2014 Nissan Frontier

I looked at Autozone briefly. But Advanced Auto and NAPA are a bit closer to me. (and I'd try to use the 30% off discount at Advance Auto)

But will look into the Auto Zone ones also.

The Autozone website also lists both sizes when I put in a V6 Frontier and the bigger one is cheaper too. Go figure.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,399 Posts
Also, I've put the "better" parts store rotors and drums on dozens of vehicles over the years and never had a single issue. SO, I would have no issue putting any parts store's rotors on. If someone was having a deal I would go with them without hesitation. Unless it was a $50 beater, I have avoided the bottom dollar rotors and pads.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My son just replaced his front brakes with dimpled and slotted rotors from brake performance. He opted for the Ceramic pads and says they are much better than factory. He didn't use specs for the brakes, just the information for his truck.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I should think of something really clever to cover my stupidity for adding this extra post but I can't. Also, I tried to delete it but I can't do that either so... Here she be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts