Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOT...

Here is a link to my results at the drags last night

I am definately doing this again....

Another member (05FRONTY) from the forum met me at Race City. It was nice to meet
another Club frontier member in person. He took a few pix that i will post up as soon as
he sends them to me.

here is one with me leading the skyline at about the 150 foot mark. the skyine
beat me by about 3 lengths at the end of the 1/4

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Man those are some nice times. If you could have turned a lower 60ft time which I think our trucks are capable of, you would have a 14 second pass easy. The general rule of thumb is every tenth off of the 60ft equal about 2 tenths off your et. Congragulations on those times I am very impressed, I am still as well as others on the board looking forward to your dyno info as well. Keep up the good work.

Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4DrFrontizzle06 said:
Man those are some nice times. If you could have turned a lower 60ft time which I think our trucks are capable of, you would have a 14 second pass easy.

Will
i just went thru my slips and i only had one race where i was beaten in 60 feet.
everyone was having problems hooking up off the line. most of my runs were in the
low 16's. but as the night went on it cooled off and it got faster, i figured how to get off
the line without cooking my tires and got the times down. before it cooled off my best
time was run in four wheel drive.

the only run i was beaten in the 60 ft was a race with a silverado and i got him at the
end by .0557 secs...that was the closest run i had...most exciting too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
95 mph is a very impressive trap speed. Sure it would have been nice for you to dip ito the 14`s but that trap speed shows the power your making.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Hey xtrememtbkr

That was good times for sure. I was very impressed with the times and races you turned over at the track. After seeing you lay those times down and seeing how much fun it was, I will definitely run the bike next time.

cheers,


P.S. Pics sent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
wow 15.0 huh? best i could muster was a15.9 at 90mph.... that was bone stock though...

cool stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scuba91ta said:
wow 15.0 huh? best i could muster was a15.9 at 90mph.... that was bone stock though...

cool stuff!
i was getting no traction untill i figured out how to get it off the line without cooking my
tires. you will see in a photo i will post later that my tire was gettin wet driving around
the wet burnout area. after i figured how to keep both tires dry i was able to go much faster.

i am going to get a set of helper springs to get better traction too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Sweet, 15 seconds in the 1/4 miles at 95mph is very impressive, Ive barely spun my tires in 2500 miles but I know it will smokem. I have hit 6K on the tach once a couple of days ago, awesome exceleration for a 4x4 truck, cant wait for my Airaid CAI, should get here by Wednesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
RDNF, I think I've seen two other people ask whether your truck is automatic or a manual in this post and in the allnissans club. So, which one is it, automatic or manual???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Since RDNF is currently on his way to get his Dyno run done. I will answer your questions since I saw his truck and it is an AUTOMATIC. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,742 Posts
hmmmmm, my 6 speed 2x4 ran a 15.75....now Im going to have to go back and run again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,964 Posts
Dumb question here, but on TV I see guys doing smokey burnouts where the vehicle holds still and the back tires are spinning wildly and producing copious amounts of white smoke. How do they hold the vehicle in place?

I'm assuming that they have one foot on the brake and one on the gas?

I have no interest in trying any of this!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
Some have a line lock on the front brakes.
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Both are right, first method called power braking.

second a line locker

though I would be hesitant to run a line locker on our systems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
FitzIngarage said:
Dumb question here, but on TV I see guys doing smokey burnouts where the vehicle holds still and the back tires are spinning wildly and producing copious amounts of white smoke. How do they hold the vehicle in place?

I'm assuming that they have one foot on the brake and one on the gas?

I have no interest in trying any of this!
Get your rear tires damp then roll onto some dry asphalt in a deserted area. Put the shifter in low(assuming you have an auto)mash on the brakes then thottle up the rpms to about 5500. Hold it there for about 10 seconds or as long as your heart can take , you should have a nice cloud of smoke and a big smile on your face.
 

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
IceCreamMan said:
Get your rear tires damp then roll onto some dry asphalt in a deserted area. Put the shifter in low(assuming you have an auto)mash on the brakes then thottle up the rpms to about 5500. Hold it there for about 10 seconds or as long as your heart can take , you should have a nice cloud of smoke and a big smile on your face.
That's one way...

I like the get them spinning and then gently hold the brake method a little better though.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top