Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Free Frontier....

873 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  42midNight 
#1 ·
Aloha...

Recently inherited a "free" Frontier...2007 with 150,000 miles...one owner..who "blew it up"...LOL...but hey!...It's still free..right?...Found this site looking for fitment years from hopefully 2005-2014...4.0L VQ40DE engine...Looking to swap it out with a lower mile unit...reasonably priced of course. So looking forward to making this thing purrr again...::smile:::nerd::nerd:

#5 ·
I just looked on RockAuto and a long block for the 2005 Frontier as well as the 2016 Frontier is exactly the same item. I think the V6 hasn't changed between 2005-2016 but wait for others to chime in. They may have updated internal components (timing chain guides.......)but I think the engine overall is still the same.

#6 ·
Thank you!...Just wanted to make sure in case sensors/plugs or something weird has changed. Interestingly the 2005-2010's are more expensive than the newer engines with less miles?...go figure but if I can save a couple hundred bucks for less miles why not...

#7 ·
Be careful on what you buy cause they've totaled a whole $hitload down in the southern states recently due to the weather we've all had ***Get something in writing especially in your buying in southern states. But if you can find one and since you can take it from TX check on Craigslist they're popping up all the time around 2k an this was before the weather depending on mileage how complete ect...
You can also check into copart if you can take the whole thing? https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinder/

Pretty much with differences it was only updates to creature comfort acc. facelifts inc. headlight grill wheels and to streamline what sold what didn't things like that

Know they changed the radiator in 11 because of manufacturing problem it leaked @ a connection in radiator on the transmission cooler in some 4.0l autos whoopee they extended warranty
and the oil filter in 09 saying it didn't need a anti drain back valve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.