Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Fred Bartlett and I live in Temecula, CA. I drive a 2007 Nissan Frontier extra cab, silver, with a 2.5 four cylinder, and a five speed manual transmission. My truck has 81,200 miles on it. It's been a wonderful truck so far, but in the last two weeks the fan clutch went out, and now the clutch is slipping real bad, so I took it to my Nissan dealer yesterday and they confirmed it needed a new clutch, but said it would not be covered under the extended warranty that I purchased when I bought the truck. So far nothing has been covered under the extended warranty. My Nissan dealer informed me that it would be about $1100 to put a new clutch in my truck, I declined and took it to my mechanic who told me he could put a new OEM clutch in it for less than $500, less than half! Has any one else experienced clutch problems at this kind of milage.

Also I have found very little to no after market parts for this truck! From air filters, to the new clutch that I'm having put in my truck today. Does any body have a link to after market parts for this truck.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fred.
Depending on driving style a clutch can last longer or wear sooner than yours did. Are you the original owner. Had you come here sooner there are clutch kit available other than a stock Nissan one. Depending on your flywheels condition it may need to be replaced, not often but sometimes they get trashed.
Clutches are never covered under extended warranty as it is a wear item. If in the first few thousand miles of ownership there is a failure then it would be.
Stop by here often and the members hear can help you with almost any question you may have.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Slight hijack but I would be cautious about using your name and home city in a public forum. Lot's of internet criminals out there waiting to make you an identity theft victim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts