Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is very late notice, but I was able to get a day off on a holiday so I will be taking the truck to Frank Raines OHV tomorrow morning.

I am going with a friend in a lifted Titan, and we will be leaving Fremont by 7:30 - 8:00 am.

From Fremont it is a 80 mile drive so Im assuming 90 mins or so to get there.

I would guess we would reach the park by 9:30 for sure.

Trail Map:
http://www.stancounty.com/er/parks/pdf/frank-raines-ohv-trail-map.pdf

Park Info:
Stanislaus County Off Road Parks

Any one wanna go along? It will be my first trip off-road so I am pretty stoked to get the truck off the pavement haha

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go figure, I drive around the park all damn day with no issues, then bam.. Get on the freeway and run some **** nest of rope plastic over and it rips my brake lines up...

Awesome...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh crap. Sorry to hear.

How was the park? I would like check that park out sometime, but i thought the drive to get there is a long tiny winding road that takes forever? How are the trails btw? Is there a river running through the park?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the park is awesome. 5 bux for a day pass. 6 am to 10 pm.

The trails are great, they have a awesome selection of easy, medium and hard trails.. I did all the easy and most of moderate and im not lifted, so a few were tricky.

The road to get there off of 5 is a 16 mile 2 lane paved road that is fun. Watch for bicycles, and cows tho.

i will have pics and vids up in a few days. Main priority is now repairing my brake line

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Good to hear it was a good day at the OHV park... Pics.!

-Better that sh*t happens on the main road, rather than trying to exit some trail with no brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
sounds like fun man. bummer on the brakes though

·
Registered
515 Posts
<<twittling his thumbs waiting

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
You have some really good shots in there! I like the mud splash shots.
I'll definitely have to check out this park.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
good deals, looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
515 Posts
awesome pics. Maybe we can set up a meet there sometime. It is hard for me cuz I have my 3 year old but we could try

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had the run of the place huh. Looked like fun!

^has your buddy done the diff. breather mod.?
REAR AXLE/DIFFERENTIAL VENT MOD - TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum
yea know I am not sure, I know I told him about it. And I actually got him to sign up on the titan forums so he could check stuff out.. He was more of a "jsut for looks" kind of driver til I bought my truck haha.

awesome pics. Maybe we can set up a meet there sometime. It is hard for me cuz I have my 3 year old but we could try
Yea we deff should. I wont be able to go back til after March tho.. with the 2 days I am missing for repairs, plus a trip to Tahoe in March.. Vacation and money are running low. Unless you wanted to do it on a weekeday.

·
Registered
578 Posts
looks like fun, what size tires are those i really like your trucks stance

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine are 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T's the ones from wall mart

Titan is 285/70/17 General Grabber AT2 He had bigger wheels n tires, but sold them to buy something new so he went back to old set temporarily

·
Registered
578 Posts
not to threadjack but what did you have to do to get the 265s to fit?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts