Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really an "Off road" question, but I figure the people who off road are the most likely to have run into this...

So I've had my truck for all of 2 weeks... the other day, some jack A came into my lane, and I had to run up on the curb to avoid an accident. Should have let him hit me apparently... Hit my Lower Control Arm mount on the curb bending it up pretty bad. Otherwise, the truck is fine... Geico tells me the only way to repair it is to replace the entire frame. Thank goodness for insurance, I guess. :frown:

Anyone have any experience with a full frame replacement? All the disassembly that's going to take place has got me pretty nervous.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,840 Posts
You might want to look up what was involved with the Spanish-built Nissan Navara trucks that had frame rot problems. I think that some of those had their frames replaced instead of just being bought-back and scrapped.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Not really an "Off road" question, but I figure the people who off road are the most likely to have run into this...

So I've had my truck for all of 2 weeks... the other day, some jack A came into my lane, and I had to run up on the curb to avoid an accident. Should have let him hit me apparently... Hit my Lower Control Arm mount on the curb bending it up pretty bad. Otherwise, the truck is fine... Geico tells me the only way to repair it is to replace the entire frame. Thank goodness for insurance, I guess. :frown:

Anyone have any experience with a full frame replacement? All the disassembly that's going to take place has got me pretty nervous.
The has been a couple over the years....
Here is a link to some threads:
https://www.google.com/search?q=fra...ZAhVRWq0KHY8PAQIQrQIINSgEMAA&biw=1037&bih=532

1 - 3 of 3 Posts