Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Whats happenin? I have a 2003 Frontier 4 cyl and it has a bout 71000 miles on it. I had some questions about the maintenance on the truck that others have done around this mileage?

1) I noticed my truck is a lot slower than it used to be in terms of acceleration. I put premium fuel in the truck the other day and fuel injector cleaner. The air filter looks fine on truck, but I probably should replace it. The thing I noticed is that up a hill (30 - 35 degrees) the truck struggles which was never a problem before. Additonally between gear changes I noticed the truck tends to shake a little bit. What might be causing this?

2) I am thinking of replacing the clutch as well because some the starts are shaky. Is 71000 miles to early for a clutch replacement?

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Stoico - it does sound like your clutch is slipping, and yes, I think 71,000 on a street driven truck is early...I had an '86.5 hardbody that went over 300,000 miles with no clutch replacement, although 90% orf those miles were highway.
OS88

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
depends on how the PO drove the truck. sounds like a slipping clutch, you should also look into cleaning the MAF sensor as they get dirty i clean mine every 20k or so

·
Registered
335 Posts
depends on how the PO drove the truck. sounds like a slipping clutch, you should also look into cleaning the MAF sensor as they get dirty i clean mine every 20k or so
dont mean to high jack but what is the best why to clean maf sensor on a 06

·
Registered
443 Posts
brake cleaner! if not crc makes maf and electronic cleaner.. ive used brake cleaner with no pobs..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts