Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the buggies are rear engine through a transaxle. I would need to hit the lotto then live in a trailer park to afford the trucks those guys are driving.

now a couple good years, and you might be able to put a little ranger like this together

YouTube - Steven Herrera #1499 4-Link test run

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
thats badass. i wish over here on the east coast we had dessert but all we have is mud and rocks, i have always been a big fan of dessert racing not so much rock crawling and mud bogging.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Okay, help a suspension newbie out. What is the point of having a coilover and then another without a spring? Its like having 2 shocks and 1 spring?

Also, the front suspension is a twin I-beam setup, right?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Okay, help a suspension newbie out. What is the point of having a coilover and then another without a spring? Its like having 2 shocks and 1 spring?

Its all about the cushion man. You know less parts broken better overall life of the moving parts. Its to tune the suspension for the terrain its on and have better adjustability within the giving situations.

(Laymans terms)

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The second shock is a bypass, that is all that clicking you here. Different areas in the stroke are valved different, as the piston passes the ports to each bypass tube it changes shock characteristics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts