Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hey,
What website did you get it from? I asked one guy Doug I think it was and he said they don't ship to Canada.
Did you call or go online?

Nick
This is the manufacturer's site: bakflip.com
This is the retailer's site where I got mine: BakFlip Tonneau Cover
What was really confusing for me was that the manufacturer's website has less up to date info that the retailer's site does.

That said, you are probably none the wiser, as I'm not sure which site buzzsaw is specifically referring to that ships free to Canada.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What was really confusing for me was that the manufacturer's website has less up to date info that the retailer's site does.

That said, you are probably none the wiser, as I'm not sure which site buzzsaw is specifically referring to that ships free to Canada.
Thats what i Thought......Cuz I saw on one of those websites that 'Does not ship to canada'

Nick

·
Registered
252 Posts

Hey,
I finally went ahead and bought the Bakflip cover and hopefully it will be here soon. What can you guys that have the cover tell me about the installation part of it? Hard or easy? Tools I might need?
It will be good to keep the snow out of the bed!!

N

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hey,
I finally went ahead and bought the Bakflip cover and hopefully it will be here soon. What can you guys that have the cover tell me about the installation part of it? Hard or easy? Tools I might need?
It will be good to keep the snow out of the bed!!

N
Very easy installation. Was harder getting it out of the box than putting it on the truck. They pack the panels very well! You will need one wrench (can't remember the size off the top of my head, 9/16 maybe?). Probably a knife too to cut the rubber seals where you will have the drain tubes exit the box.

I see the Bakflip site has now been updated to reflect the change to aluminum for the G2, and they now have their 2010 brochure up.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
YOu don't need to cut them, you can pull them out.
Good point... I considered that too. I can't foresee ever getting rid of this tonneau though, and hope it will last as long as I have the truck. With the tubes running out through the cut seals they seem to be firmly in place, more so than I thought they would have otherwise. That said, I might just be talking out my a$$, as I didn't take the time to see how it looked with them removed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Mines completley FUBAR...
hope the HD ones are better.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Mines completley FUBAR...
hope the HD ones are better.
I read your thread about your experience with your Bakflip. Thanks for that info. Wasn't until I saw that the change was made to aluminum that I was convinced to drop that kind of cash for one. I'm banking on the aluminum panels being a better design. Here's hopin.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I still have the offer from Bak on a reduced price HD...I just hate to toss hundreds more out there. Pondering a repair on the existing. I will disassemble the thing entirely. Run the channels thru some rollers to re-curve them outward. Reassemble with good adhesive and rivits that dont fall out, then have it sprayed with a bed liner to seal the channel and panels together. Got a deal locally (if I do the wire-tape) for 100bux.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very easy installation. Was harder getting it out of the box than putting it on the truck. They pack the panels very well! You will need one wrench (can't remember the size off the top of my head, 9/16 maybe?). Probably a knife too to cut the rubber seals where you will have the drain tubes exit the box.

I see the Bakflip site has now been updated to reflect the change to aluminum for the G2, and they now have their 2010 brochure up.
Where do the drain tubes placed? Is there a spot for it to drain to or will they go somewhere else?

Has anyone noticed any water in their bed with the panels closed with heavy rain?

Here's hope the aluminum is a better design and holds up to the Cold winters, I probably be a bit harder for me to install in the -20 temps :( but do have a garage over my head which will be a plus but still will be a bit cold.

I'll post pics up when i get it installed..

N

·
Registered
846 Posts
Comments are made with the fact yous is a new cover.
You can temp. the drain tube thru the plugged hole in the Front of the bed (Look for oval plastic hole plugs. Remove the plugs and place the hoses there. Foam tape them in place if you want but I drilled holes in the front corners of my bed for the tubes and then primed and plastic sealed them so the tubes fill the entire hole. (Fall when I got mine so the weather wasnt too bad to work in)
As for "Ingress of Elements" Yes, it will leak somewhat, actually pretty minor. Almost none in rain storms but the carwash forces a little more in and its only on the edges - none from the panels. BIG ISSUE IS DUST! Get a taligate seal. But even then it aint perfect. Oh, the other water issue is at the tailgate end of the cover. You will see that the drain channels are open and just drain into the bed - been contemplating a cure for that...some type of Dam and Drain tube mod.
PLEASE Take pic's - i'm deciding what to do on the HD..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Comments are made with the fact yous is a new cover.
You can temp. the drain tube thru the plugged hole in the Front of the bed (Look for oval plastic hole plugs. Remove the plugs and place the hoses there. Foam tape them in place if you want but I drilled holes in the front corners of my bed for the tubes and then primed and plastic sealed them so the tubes fill the entire hole. (Fall when I got mine so the weather wasnt too bad to work in)
As for "Ingress of Elements" Yes, it will leak somewhat, actually pretty minor. Almost none in rain storms but the carwash forces a little more in and its only on the edges - none from the panels. BIG ISSUE IS DUST! Get a taligate seal. But even then it aint perfect. Oh, the other water issue is at the tailgate end of the cover. You will see that the drain channels are open and just drain into the bed - been contemplating a cure for that...some type of Dam and Drain tube mod.
PLEASE Take pic's - i'm deciding what to do on the HD..

Thanks For the Info!! will do!! we havn't had alot of snow yet but were in the forcast for it soon so i'm hoping that the cover gets here before that!! HOPEFULLY HAHA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installation Question

I just received my BakFlip G2 that is all aluminum. Looks pretty easy to install except I don't see how the clamps are supposed to attach. Hate to be so dumb but does anyone have close up pictures of the clamps that attach the rails to the bed? It would sure help. I am looking forward to covering the bed. The snow is coming and it also adds to the security if you need to put something in the bed. Thanks in advance for the help! :confused::hi:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just received my BakFlip G2 that is all aluminum. Looks pretty easy to install except I don't see how the clamps are supposed to attach. Hate to be so dumb but does anyone have close up pictures of the clamps that attach the rails to the bed? It would sure help. I am looking forward to covering the bed. The snow is coming and it also adds to the security if you need to put something in the bed. Thanks in advance for the help! :confused::hi:
Hi xxcited,
I just got mine installed and love the cover, I'm on my phone at the moment so when I get some free time tomorrow I'll try and upload some photos of the install, it was actually really easy but I only have one question. On the 4 corners the gasket doesn't cover the coners all the way there is a tiny opening, are they for the drain tubes? I will try to upload pictures of it.

*Edit*
I know this is old and outdated but i thought i might add the pictures that i said i was suppose to :(

[/QUOTE]
Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Nick

Thanks for responding so quickly. You guys are great. I couldn't fit the clamp past the unitrac.
Hey xxcited,
I came across that as well but if you disassemble the clamps and put the back part of the clamp behind/above the util track the screw the front on..... I put one in the middle and one on each end.

N

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Took the clamp apart, went in place easy. Amazing how easily this goes together. Should have thought of that myself. Happy Holidays everyone!:fantastic:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts