Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much searching, I found a bed cover with only two drawbacks: COST$$$ and the fact it doesn't look uniform like a hard one-piece or a one-piece "tonneau" cover.

Everything else about this cover made sense to me. It's lockable (by using tailgate lock), doesn't flap around, didn't have to remove or modify bed extender, didn't have to take off the utilitrack rails, mounts flush, protects window from cargo, and no loss of bed space.

Just wanted to share my new find on my Frontier.

Disclaimer, I don't represent the company, I'm not even including the product name or company name.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
whats the name of the company so us guys that like it can check them out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bak Flip G2 is the model number. Bak is the company.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
yeah I was looking at the bakflip as well. the plastic one. And read the review and experiences of some. I would consider the aluminum instead. But better start saving!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Just looking at the Amazing Truck Accessories Bakflip website, a sales site that is linked on the Bakflip company site, and noticed that they are saying that the G2 is now made out of aluminum. Looks like the HD may have been discontinued, as it would be essentially the same as the G2 anyway. The F1 is listed there as the "premium" line (aluminum with fiberglass top surface). Looked at the Bakflip site, and it is still showing the G2 as being ABS plastic, and an HD model, and no F1. :confused:

I've sent a message to Bakflip to see if the info on the vendor sales site is correct. If so, that would be awesome; methinks my tonneau cover search would be over. Best news (if accurate) is that the G2 price is the same as before, and the F1 price is what the HD was previously listed for.

O.K, never expected to get a reply this quick, but here it is...

We have indeed made some significant changes to our BakFlip range of covers
over the past few months, with extensive testing having taken place for well
over a year now.

The new F1 was formally introduced a few days ago and the G2 is now being
made as an all aluminum cover.

Please accept my apology for not having the updates correctly posted on our
site. We are in the midst of making some substantial updates and changes to
our corporate site which will be updated imminently.

Sincerely,

Julian Maimin * COO
BAK Industries
720 Jessie Street
San Fernando CA 91340
Tel (818) 365-9000 Fax (818) 365-9022
www.bakliner.com / www.bakflip.com

Good stuff!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
awesome! yep the aluminum should be the way to go.
Im sure they had so many issues with the plastic G2 from customers who bought them.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
the Bakflip (G2) has been a great cover for a lot of us for awhile. Mine works great.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Ordered.

I was told by the backfliptonneaucover.com folks that the box for the new aluminum G2 looks no different than the box for the previous ABS version. Might be something to check out closely for anyone buying one in the near future, as I'm sure there's still some old stock kicking around.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
thanks for the link. yeah that aluminum g2 is now doable.

is this the model that would fit a 2006 KC?
BakFlip Tonneau Cover - NISSAN 2005+ Frontier King (Extended) Cab with 73.3 in. Bed, 2005 thru Current, BAKFlip G2 Model # 26507
Seems to be right... there are only two models for 05+ depending on the bed length (short box is model 26506 and the long box is 26507).

Got mine installed yesterday. Was pretty easy to do, and am fairly happy with it. My only minor criticism would be the small gaps at the top outsides of the tailgate; had they extended the seal here by an inch, it would have covered it nicely. Kinda early to state with any certainty, but I think I'm noticing improved mileage already (showing in the 2mpg or about 1.5L/100km range).

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
After much searching, I found a bed cover with only two drawbacks: COST$$$ and the fact it doesn't look uniform like a hard one-piece or a one-piece "tonneau" cover.

Everything else about this cover made sense to me. It's lockable (by using tailgate lock), doesn't flap around, didn't have to remove or modify bed extender, didn't have to take off the utilitrack rails, mounts flush, protects window from cargo, and no loss of bed space.

Just wanted to share my new find on my Frontier.

Disclaimer, I don't represent the company, I'm not even including the product name or company name.
Hi

I'm currently looking at buying one as well. I got one question, since the company does not ship the product to Canada I have to have it shipped first to my Aunts house then Ship it to Canada. But I am wondering the weight and dimensions of the cover to provide to FedEx to get an estimate shipping rate. Anyone know this approximately?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Lol, two post later and it was already sounding like advertisement, J/K:laugh: But really nice cover! Those style covers seem really nice being that you can still carry tall items. Looking good!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi

I'm currently looking at buying one as well. I got one question, since the company does not ship the product to Canada I have to have it shipped first to my Aunts house then Ship it to Canada. But I am wondering the weight and dimensions of the cover to provide to FedEx to get an estimate shipping rate. Anyone know this approximately?

Thanks
Just had mine shipped to Canada, ordered directly from the Bakflip website, even had free shipping.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dang, wish I had known they were going to change to all aluminum for the same price 3 months ago when I ordered mine. I e-mailed them asking if there is any chance that I could upgrade.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Dang, wish I had known they were going to change to all aluminum for the same price 3 months ago when I ordered mine. I e-mailed them asking if there is any chance that I could upgrade.
So what would you sell your used one for????

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Just had mine shipped to Canada, ordered directly from the Bakflip website, even had free shipping.
I was picking a bunch of other stuff up in Sweetgrass, MT anyway, so getting it sent there was no big deal for me. Lots of other fellow Canucks a bit further north of 49 wouldn't have that same option though. I'm sure they'll appreciate the info. I'm going to thank you on their behalf ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey,
What website did you get it from? I asked one guy Doug I think it was and he said they don't ship to Canada.
Did you call or go online?

Nick

1 - 20 of 41 Posts