Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out driving around and came across a sweet fab shop. mostly Toyotas and Sami's but really quality looking products. check them out:

Sky's Off-road Design - Home

I have inquired about getting some sliders from them. they have them on their web site (like page 8 or 9 under products) for 175 for tacos. so we will see if they are up to making some for the frontiers. if they do it may be another place to get them shipped from. We will see how willing they are to make them for us and how long it takes. but for 175, dang.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Dude like for-real, id love to see if they could do stuff for us

·
Registered
410 Posts
There only about 45mins from me. Ill buy a set if there good quality. Let me know ill order from them unstead of shrocks

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There only about 45mins from me. Ill buy a set if there good quality. Let me know ill order from them unstead of shrocks
Where do you live? I will be giving them a call on Monday to talk to them in person. they were closed today.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Where do you live? I will be giving them a call on Monday to talk to them in person. they were closed today.
live in salem I shot them an email but please let me know what you hear

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stopped by today. their work looks awesome. bunch of Tacos in there. all SAS'ed with the works. all in house design and build. really quility stuff. They measured up the sliders and said they should be ready in a couple weeks. the long lead time is mostly due because they are taking next week off to run the Rubicon trail. they are honering their 175 price and will fuly weld them up to the frame! Not painted though. no biggy. I mentioned that there is an entire cult of us nissan guys that would very interested to get custom sliders that fit our trucks. Not sure what shipping would be, but for 175 for bare steel sliders, isnt bad. They will also gusset them where they weld to the frame.

so I have a King cab, the sliders will be 77" long. for you guys with other cabs/bed models, just measure up how long you want them and they will ship the tubes to connect them to the frame loose.

They will do bumpers, skid plates, suspension, axles, the works. They even mentioned hacking off my IFS for SAS. I am not ready for that yet....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Fully Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Toyota Hybrid Axle, Now were talking. If they could make this but a Nissan hybrid we'd be laughing.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Had no idea we had another truck in Salem! He must be shy! Damn man, I want to come down and check out their stuff in person! I want some sliders bad. Every time I hit the trails, I'm worried about banging my body up.. Thanks for the link David!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they admited that they hardly ever check their email, so call and talk to someone. I think if we show some interest here they would for sure be up to it. I am thinking about some shrock style skids....and a custom rear bumper. any ideas on the rear bumper? I want something with a hitch reciever, and bullet proof enough I could back into a tree with the thing.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
they admited that they hardly ever check their email, so call and talk to someone. I think if we show some interest here they would for sure be up to it. I am thinking about some shrock style skids....and a custom rear bumper. any ideas on the rear bumper? I want something with a hitch reciever, and bullet proof enough I could back into a tree with the thing.
X2!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fab shop called me this afternoon. they are going to have my sliders ready early next week and said they will do an after 6pm install for me so I do not have to leave my truck with them all day while I am at work. I am just getting them bare steel and going to blast them with some rattle can. They offered powder coat for some more (didnt say how much), but I figured I am going to scratch the crap out of them and it would be just as easy to spray the scratches out...any thoughts?

·
Registered
512 Posts
The fab shop called me this afternoon. they are going to have my sliders ready early next week and said they will do an after 6pm install for me so I do not have to leave my truck with them all day while I am at work. I am just getting them bare steel and going to blast them with some rattle can. They offered powder coat for some more (didnt say how much), but I figured I am going to scratch the crap out of them and it would be just as easy to spray the scratches out...any thoughts?
How much are you paying for the sliders?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
175$ installed.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
getting the sliders installed right now. They stayed open late to get it done. my price above is wrong. it was 175 for the sliders and 75 to install. still not bad. pictures to come.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pictures. quality stuff. ended up painting them with some flat black for now. hopefully I will get them line-x'ed here in the near future.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts