Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
popped the cap off the door where the window switches would be to find the previous owner had installed lock actuators. when I bought the truck I thought they had done a speaker mod from the speaker wire comming from each door turns out it goes to the 2 wire lock acuators instead. so I just have to buy the relay and switch kit. then on to making power windows. probably look for the door switches at the juck yard now.

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
I wonder why the last owner never completed the install or, he had a problem and you may find out the actuators don't or won't work.

Clint

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bought it from dealer they probably stripped it.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are the 2 wire set so not the best quality but good enough

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I would test the wiring that is in there first to make sure there isn't a short somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
I would test the wiring that is in there first to make sure there isn't a short somewhere.
That's probably why the dealer removed the switches. There was an issue with the actuators and removing the switches took the problem away.
I agree with the above poster and test the system first.

Clint

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok about to go out and check em out, just to be sure for lock and unlock you just reverse the polarity on the wires right. I dont have any relays for or switches to hook in at the moment so I was going to test it with the power lines going to my cb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.