Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am still fairly new here and have not had much luck doing searches. I have been using the Google Custom Search box on this page, but don't get any hits. I have had my best luck searching just using Google.com. It sometimes finds forum posts.
What is the best way to search this forum to find information that has already been discussed?

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
The two methods you use are really the best way to search this place. The built in search is horrendous...
The key to searching is to use good key words and not statements/sentences, just as you would on google. Like the username of the poster (if you know) with stuff like "ball joint", "Titan swap" etc. If you can find the correct term commonly used for whatever you are looking for the results will be better.

What is it you are looking for?

·
Registered
605 Posts
There is a search function separate from the google search.

1. Go into one of the specific forums. (General Discussion, Off Road / 4x4, etc)

2. On the "Threads in this forum" header on the right side you will see Forum Tools and Search this Forum.

3. Click on Search this Forum. A new window box will appear.

4. Type in a key word (ex: seat covers). and hit go or return key.

5. A new window will come up with a list of threads within the discussion forum that contains your search words (example, seat covers).

6. Click on one of the threads and read the thread. You will notice your search word(s) are in a red font.

You can also select advance search which gives you more options to conduct your search.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you FFTR, that is what I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
There is a search function separate from the google search.

1. Go into one of the specific forums. (General Discussion, Off Road / 4x4, etc)

2. On the "Threads in this forum" header on the right side you will see Forum Tools and Search this Forum.

3. Click on Search this Forum. A new window box will appear.

4. Type in a key word (ex: seat covers). and hit go or return key.

5. A new window will come up with a list of threads within the discussion forum that contains your search words (example, seat covers).

6. Click on one of the threads and read the thread. You will notice your search word(s) are in a red font.

You can also select advance search which gives you more options to conduct your search.
This is the one I was referring to as being bad. In my uses at least, I have had much better luck finding stuff using the Google search box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply glamisdude. Currently I am not searching for anything in particular, more just learning how to search the forum. It hard to teach us old dudes new tricks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've noticed that the Google search in the top right returns no hits. But if you go and do it again from that empty page, it tries again and comes back with all the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts