Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all- I just picked up a '16 CC P4X 4wd manual trans yesterday. Got it for $29,500 so an easy $4,000 less than a similar Tacoma. I've had three previous Tacomas, but the problems with the latest gen scared me off. I traded in a well-used Xterra on the Frontier, so I am familiar with the truck already. The dealer forgot to turn off the transit mode, so thinking worst-case but discovering the fix here already inspires confidence in Club Frontier.
I already did my first mod yesterday- removing the P4X stickers that were all over the hood, doors, rockers and bedsides. Trying to work on them in 25 F was difficult, but after 3 hours I finally got it done. I know some people like all that stuff, but it reminded me of an 80's Trans Am with the puking chicken on the hood or all the mall-crawling Wranglers.
Looking forward to all the tips and tricks I can pick up here- I still am on TacomaWorld, but honestly, that forum seems more and more geared towards 19 year olds. Some really funny stuff on there, but a different vibe.

David

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome to the club, where's the before and after pics?!?

Good choice with the transmission!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I too see the Tacoma as too spendy for me plus still no rear disc brakes? Really?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The "snout" on the '17's is hideous and the hood scoop adversely affected visibility for my wife so it was an easy choice to skip it...coupled with a new engine, no thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts