Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is a dark day in our nations history. The events that become of this day will never be forgotten in the minds and hearts of those families that lost someone special. Its a tragedy that accurd but in this. I just hope we all find a time today to say our thanks for those brave firefighters, the police officers and those brave young men& women oversea's. Because they are just like you and i. They bravely take their own lives if it means ours is lived. This is beyond my own words. Lets remember those who have fallen and be thankful for them. Then remember that we still have a nation to call our own. Where there are those still that descend into situations that are above them...

Lets all remember. Stan

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
i have never forgotten, not one bit. and although i personally never knew any of the heroes that were welcomed by death that fateful day, their heroism shall collectively live on. it may have been a dark day but i would also like to point out that it was a day that really awakened me to the courage and helpfulness the we, as people have.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I will NEVER forget!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a permanent part of my history:

Activated for OEF Dec 12 2001
Moron, Spain Mar2002-Apr 2002
Al Udeid, Qatar (OIF) Nov2003-Dec 2003
Baghdad, Iraq (OIF) Dec 2003- Jan 2004
Balad, Iraq (OIF)Jan 2004-Mar 2004
Ali Al Salem AB Kuwait (OEF) Dec 2004-May 2005
Ali Al Salem AB Kuwait May (OEF) 2006- Sept 2006
Manas AB Kygyzstan (OEF) Jan 2008-May 2008
Bagram AB Afghanistan(OEF) Mar 2009- May 2009

Hoping for another trip next year if possible...

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While typing this thread up. I started to shed a tear myself. But i remembered how many good men& women proudly serve our country. Then it made me proud to be an American.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Roger that. RLTW
-mike

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
^My mother is a retired veteran. So from a young age i was taught to respect our fallen soldiers and their families. Along with having an immense sense of respect/responsibilty for my country.

For those active members. State your MOS and your years of service.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
About a year and a half, and im a trigger puller.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Watching the shows tonight designed to remember and honor those that serve and those that have fallen in defense of our life and liberty brought me right back to that morning 8 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember how angry and small I felt that morning and tonight brought those feelings right back.

There are far too many people in this country who've all ready forgotten what that morning felt like and worse, they forgot or just never knew what it takes to keep this country free. That right there is a damn shame. I may not always agree with what this country does or how it operates, but it's my home and I'm proud to call it that.

Thank you to all the men and women who risk their lives, and have given their lives, so that I can live free and do as I please.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I joined the military because of this day to do my part, Sadly I was not allowed to do any direct combat roles because I am the last survivng male with my last name, but that did not stop me, I did the next best thing July 11th 2002 at the mighty age of 17 I was off to Navy boot camp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2 yr AF Wrench turner on C-130, currently deployed

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Marines, currently on 4th deployment to mid-east

Invasion in 03, my unit for my first three deployments was the one portrayed in HBOs Generation Kill (I was in C Company though)
Returned in Dec 04 to June 05 Falujah
Volunteered three months after that to leave my wife and kids behind to go fight with my brothers again. Sept 05 to April 06 Falujah/Zaidon sector of Al Anbar Province
Got out of the Corps, then got recalled to active duty a year later, been deployed on fourth trip since May 09.

"A true warrior prays for peace....but will kill in a moments' notice..."

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Marines, currently on 4th deployment to mid-east

Invasion in 03, my unit for my first three deployments was the one portrayed in HBOs Generation Kill (I was in C Company though)
Returned in Dec 04 to June 05 Falujah
Volunteered three months after that to leave my wife and kids behind to go fight with my brothers again. Sept 05 to April 06 Falujah/Zaidon sector of Al Anbar Province
Got out of the Corps, then got recalled to active duty a year later, been deployed on fourth trip since May 09.

"A true warrior prays for peace....but will kill in a moments' notice..."
thankyou for your service to our country.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's nice to hear we still have a little support over here. Though it is not what the media portrays, its not what all of you who havent expereinced it believe it is either. I joined 2 weeks after my 17th, graduated high school a year early to come here, got married somewhere along the way(mistake) haha jk. It's not easy being over here, but i dont regret it one day of my life. I just pray for a short ending to this so we can all come home to our families. I'm 20 now, just a kid when all this happend, but i will never forget what has been done to us. I know it is now the 12th, but please dont feel the need to pray for us once a year, we could use them every day. Be good yall and take care

·
Registered
73 Posts
God Bless the USA!!
I have friends that I served with that are over there right now...I will not forget!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts