Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
King Shocks has released their new Frontier Performance Upgrade Kit!!

Features:
-- 100% Bolt-on (no fab required)
-- Increased wheel control both on and off-road
-- Balanced front and rear valving
-- Increased wheel travel
-- Larger 3.75" I.D. Coils
-- Up to 2.5" lift in front (will fit 285's)

Next week, I am taking our Demo Truck (09 Titan Pro4x) down to King Shocks to get our set installed. I will add pics and show you the final result!!

These coilovers are ready to purchase on our website here:
Fronts -- Nissan Performance Aftermarket Parts | Nismo | Nissan Racing Parts

Rears -- Nissan Performance Aftermarket Parts | Nismo | Nissan Racing Parts

Scott

Front Kit $1429.00

Rear Kit $750.00

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We just did an install on our Demo Titan here at the dealership. Thought I'd share my experience. The Frontier kit is almost identical to the Titan kit and just as well, bolts right on. I got a full tour of their facility...every single piece of this kit is fabricated in house...very impressive!!!

So enjoy our test...who wants to get their Frontier done? I'll put it up on our website!

Before shots:

During Install:

After shots:

Just my own review on the shocks:
This was the first time I have driven this particular truck. I personally own an 08 Titan Crew Cab XE (bone stock). On my way out to King Shocks in Garden Grove, driving this 09 Titan Pro-4x was noticeably different compared to my own vehicle. The Rancho Shocks already had the truck lifted a little compared to a stock vehicle...it was cushy, but bouncy...sometimes it felt like the truck was hopping around the lane a little. It wasn't that big of a deal, but was definately noticeable.

The King Coilovers ended up raising the front end of the truck 2" and kept the rear about the same. Watching the install was pretty straightforward...front and rear end were straight bolt ons...pull the old stuff off and put the new stuff in...a job that can easily be done on your driveway in a couple of hours without rushing.

The ride home was noticeable different with the recent addition. I could feel the ride height change at the steering wheel immediately. I also noticed the additional wheel travel coming out of the driveway...it actually felt like the suspension was working and the truck wasn't tipping side to side. Freeway ride was definately smoother and the lane hopping sensation was completely gone! Since this is the boss's truck, and out of respect, I did not take the truck off-road...I figured I'd let him have the honors of first off-road drive ;)

All in all, it wasn't a drastic change in height...but as expected. It would be a huge change compared to a stock height Titan though...and ride quality was night and day. And this is where you get your money's worth...the ride.

I'm looking forward to adding this to my own Titan as I build the truck this year!

Scott

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Nice. Can the titan reservoir mount be used on a Frontier?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Yes I know but the location is different.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mount just bolts in...directions suggest where to put it...but you could move it to another location if you can make it work and there's enough hose to reach!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts