Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the folding tonneaus that I have seen,you have to latch the back and then close the tail gate.My tailgate seems to set a little higher than the sides.It has factory applied tailgate protector that matches the side rail caps.Is there any problems closing the tailgate with the tanneau latched?It seems to me this could be an issue.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have a folding cover, i think its a lund, thier is a rubber seal on the back of the cover that looks like it will give an inch or so.i dont have the rail protectors on my truck so you may have to look into it a littrl more

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a Torzatop and love it! Very easy to hook up and no hang ups with the tailgate. Looks awesome and better fuel mileage.. Just make sure to put some 303 aerospace on it every so often to keep it conditioned. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the replies,I know I could stand a little better mileage.I had a snap on on my last truck,it was great for keeping the bed clean.

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
I have a Torzatop and love it! Very easy to hook up and no hang ups with the tailgate. Looks awesome and better fuel mileage.. Just make sure to put some 303 aerospace on it every so often to keep it conditioned. Good luck!
I'm on my third truck with a Torza Top and they're great and no issue closing the tailgate. This last one has a black canvas surface like a convertible top.

Clint

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can't go wrong with either an Extang or torza.. Keep in mind they are around $300 so its lighter on the wallet than others (Bakflip)..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too have a Extang Trifecta for my Pro-4X. One of the nicer tonneau covers I've had. Super easy to setup and take down, no problems putting the gate up. However, if you have a bed extender, you will have to add shims to the extender knobs to clear the trifecta's rear spring loaded levers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the Lund Genesis Tri-fold and have had no issues with it, works great and is easily removable.

Dan

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the Bakflip. You have to do the opposite with it. Close the tailgate, THEN close the tonneau. They specifically tell you to do it this way because it fits so tight if you close the tailgate with the tonneau already down, you will eventually ruin the weatherstriping on the tonneau. The other benefits of the Bakflip are that you don't have to mod anything related to the Utilitrak system, it sits flush with the sides of the bed and (as long as you do it right) can be made completely waterproof. However, as demerito pointed out, its more expensive.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How does the Extang Trifecta 44985 ($380) compare with the TorzaTop 76921 ($300)?

·
Registered
210 Posts
How does the Extang Trifecta 44985 ($380) compare with the TorzaTop 76921 ($300)?
Seems that the Extang is of better quality from a little research. Also, the Extang brand is much larger than TorzaTop.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Torza is just fine.. I have one and love it! No modification or nothing. I think with the Extang you need to make a modification in order to fit with the rails. Torzatop tri-fold all the way...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Torza is just fine.. I have one and love it! No modification or nothing. I think with the Extang you need to make a modification in order to fit with the rails. Torzatop tri-fold all the way...
Any issues yours flapping around/ noise or holding snow/rain?

·
Registered
193 Posts
if you get a chance take a look at the lund.i got it at autoanything for under 300 no shipping.when u close the tail gate u can not open the cover. i likr this feture since we have a lock on the tail gate.open tail gate and relese two cams folds up relese all four and it comes off take 30 sec to remove if you need to .i looked at many and for the price the easy removel and that it folds out of the way.autoanything always has some kind of deal going on % off or free shipping.good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just put a truxedo cover on my CC long bed and it closes just fine. I also have the factory bed rails and tail gate cap. The only issue is the gasket strip that goes on the front of the bed is not thick enough so i had to put another piece on it to get it to make a seal. I picked mine up locally for 270 out the door. I like it cause i need full access to my bed for hauling my toys :) Like stated earlier the know on the bed extender or divider catches the clamps unless the knob is really loose.

·
Registered
210 Posts
if you get a chance take a look at the lund.i got it at autoanything for under 300 no shipping.when u close the tail gate u can not open the cover. i likr this feture since we have a lock on the tail gate.open tail gate and relese two cams folds up relese all four and it comes off take 30 sec to remove if you need to .i looked at many and for the price the easy removel and that it folds out of the way.autoanything always has some kind of deal going on % off or free shipping.good luck
The Lund Trifold? I read that is doesn't work with Uliti-track.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You guys have any pics? Not trying to threadjack, but I'm looking for one too and the websites don't show them on a Frontier. One of my issues is full coverage of the bedrails. It's fine with the bakflip because it's so low profile, but I don't care for most of the others that end at the inside of the rails.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts