Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine arent foggy yet but I was wondering if I can apply something to keep this from happening?
Not sure if UV light causes it of just from driving/particles in the air.

·
Super Moderator
11,273 Posts
Mine was a 2010 and at 6-1/2 years were just starting to get hazy, mileage was at about 118,000 miles. I'm guessing time and sun exposure was responsible. I will keep an eye on this truck to see how it progresses.

Clint

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wax or polish works to clear them up. It lasts for a few months. I do that every few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
If they look fine now, I highly recommend installing Xpel headlight protection film. I've had this stuff on my 2010 for a few years now and my lights look brand new. I also apply 303 protectant to the film every few weeks.

Here's a link: Headlight Protection Kits - XPEL

·
Registered
795 Posts
Bestskinsever

They sell screen protector stuff for phones and tablets, but you can order a larger sheet and cut your own shapes out of it. It's that "self-healing" stuff, similar to the clear film by the rear wheels.

·
Super Moderator
19,906 Posts
If they look fine now, I highly recommend installing Xpel headlight protection film. I've had this stuff on my 2010 for a few years now and my lights look brand new. I also apply 303 protectant to the film every few weeks.

Here's a link: Headlight Protection Kits - XPEL
Xpel for the win. That film works well for both impact protection and protection from hazing. Been using it on my headlights since the year I bought my truck. Had my original headlights on for 6 years before retrofitting HID projectors into brand new headlights. The originals were still crystal clear.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,814 Posts
I have tried all kinds of treatments and coatings - from the kits you buy with several sanding and polishing, 3M protection - you name it. None deliver great results other than lens replacement. BUT - the one that is not only easy but yield decent results for a period of time is this:

- wet sand with 600 until all yellow has been removed (that is how plastic will tarnish from UV)
- clean off all residue, let the foggy lens dry
- spray with 3 light coats of UV protecting clear coat. let the cc dry between each coat. more coats is not better - it will chip and also make resanding more inconvenient in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts