Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a fog light kit for 2009 frontier with a chrome bumper. Didn't want to spend a lot and everything I find is for painted bumpers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my next mod while waiting for "shoe" money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've read there's only certain ones that fit or work with the chrome bumper. 98% of what I've came across state "only painted bumpers" or "doesn't work with chrome bumper". The other 2% didn't specify. That's what's been so frustrating.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
From what I've read there's only certain ones that fit or work with the chrome bumper. 98% of what I've came across state "only painted bumpers" or "doesn't work with chrome bumper". The other 2% didn't specify. That's what's been so frustrating.
the only difference between the chrome & plastic bumpers (as pertaining to fog lights) is the mount that the light housing bolts to. The mount for the chrome bumper looks like a teardrop, sorta. The other one is pretty much round. I've not seen a PN# for the mount by itself.

Best advice is either order an OEM foglamp or look on eBay. Most of the ones I've seen have been there. They sometimes show up on Amazon too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,128 Posts
So if one has a broken foglight lens that is in a chrome bumper...could they use a foglight from a painted bumper by simply switching out any of the mounting parts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
790 Posts
So if one has a broken foglight lens that is in a chrome bumper...could they use a foglight from a painted bumper by simply switching out any of the mounting parts?
Maybe, but perusing Rockauto, the complete assembly bulb included aren't that expensive, about $45 per side for Chrome or painted.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top