Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed some fogs in the grille. Idea courtesy of LanceSlide who's rig is pretty sick. I may black out the grille and bumpers but rockin the bling for now.
Lights are Hella 500 FF (freeform). Got a hidden switch just under the dash.
Had to separate the chrome part and main grille which you have to cut the main mesh out of. Found some 1/4" black powder coated expanded metal pretty cheap to insert from here: Universal Extreme Dimensions Metal Diamond Cut Mesh - Black Grille - 103225 by Extreme Dimensions.
jig saw worked pretty well but you have to file away some excess and I painted the cuts w/flat black spray just to help it blend some. came out pretty clean and def sheds some light on the subject.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Nice. From the first and second pics, it looks like the chrome is gold. When I first opened it I almost got a headache from all the insults I was thinking of... luckily it was only a reflection!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. From the first and second pics, it looks like the chrome is gold. When I first opened it I almost got a headache from all the insults I was thinking of... luckily it was only a reflection!
good god man, the thought gives ME a headache!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice looking mod, but aren't fog lights designed to be lower to the ground so they don't reflect the light from the fog back in your face?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup, generally your supposed to keep them under the headlight line. Driving lights should be on the same plane or higher than the headlights.
Well they are some good lookin' drivin' lights then!

·
Registered
622 Posts
How do you have the lights mounted in front of the radiator? Custom bracket?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you have the lights mounted in front of the radiator? Custom bracket?

just a piece of 2" angled steel about a foot long bolted to the center vertical bar on the core support.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
looks awesome, lookin to mount my daylighters in the same position. can you take a pic of the mount you made and the location its bolted to?

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
Will it cause higher engine temps due to the blockage of the radiator?

Clint

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I like it, nice job!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
looks awesome, lookin to mount my daylighters in the same position. can you take a pic of the mount you made and the location its bolted to?
difficult to get a pic with it all together and the grill on. if you look at the first pic, the 2 vertical silver dots between the lights are the 2 3/8" bolts holding the angle bar to the center core support. no spacers between the 2 pieces. its only about a foot long.
just be REALLY careful drilling through the core support. radiator is a couple of inches back but jabbin it with a spinning drill would suuuck.

Will it cause higher engine temps due to the blockage of the radiator?

Clint
no change in engine temps. might hinder or make flow more turbulent but not enough to really affect a noticable change

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.