Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a front fog light knocked out on my 2015. Basically the bracket that holds it to bumper snapped. The dealear ship is going to charge me $350 CAD to replace it! RockAuto has the knockoff for $65 shipped. Anyone used one of the knockoffs? Am I going to have 2 different looking fog lights in the night? Should this opportunity to install a better fog light? Recommendations?

Also my rear license plate light assemby snapped a clip. Dealer want $140 to replace it. Cheapest I can find it to buy is $85 in Canada, or $65 off ebay, but that comes with wiring and bulb (which I don't need). I think I may just find a way to glue a new clip to it for those prices. :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
You know, I bought the dog light kit for my SV. It was about 280cdn at my dealer. Did the part on the fog light break or did the part on the bumper break?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light broke. (It is a bad design, the bracket that mounts to bumper is actually part of the light.) I suspect they likely quoted me on the full kit (both lights), plus an hour of labour.

I just ordered a replacement light for $75CAD shipped off rock auto. The OEM one was $25 more. I figured if I was was going to upgrade, them i could just buy a LED buy for them at a later date.

~Shea M.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread or not but its new enough that I thought I would give it a shot.

Like the OP I have a fog light that got knocked out. A car ahead of me hit one of those big round construction barrels and sent it flying. It hit one of the bulldozers and came careening back onto the freeway right into the left front corner of my truck.

When I got home I saw that it had knocked the fog light out. It was still inside the bumper/valence, just rolling around loose. I could see with a flashlight that one of the lower tabs was broken off but other than that there didn't seem to be anything else broken. A few days later my son, thinking he had broken it, took it by the Nissan dealership where they removed the old one and gave him an estimate for replacing the light assembly (p/n: 26150 EA025-V). He was a little surprised at their estimated cost and decided not to do it. :)

I ordered a replacement thinking I would just replace it myself -- it looks like it would just snap in. However, it appears that some of the mounting tabs on the bumper itself may be missing since I don't see everything I would expect to match up to the light assembly. There are a few directions and youtubes showing how to replace the light on older trucks, Rogues, etc. but not for the 2015 Frontier with a painted bumper.

Does anyone know of a picture, drawing, illustration, etc that explains how to access the assembly for replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread or not but its new enough that I thought I would give it a shot.

Like the OP I have a fog light that got knocked out. A car ahead of me hit one of those big round construction barrels and sent it flying. It hit one of the bulldozers and came careening back onto the freeway right into the left front corner of my truck.

When I got home I saw that it had knocked the fog light out. It was still inside the bumper/valence, just rolling around loose. I could see with a flashlight that one of the lower tabs was broken off but other than that there didn't seem to be anything else broken. A few days later my son, thinking he had broken it, took it by the Nissan dealership where they removed the old one and gave him an estimate for replacing the light assembly (p/n: 26150 EA025-V). He was a little surprised at their estimated cost and decided not to do it. :)

I ordered a replacement thinking I would just replace it myself -- it looks like it would just snap in. However, it appears that some of the mounting tabs on the bumper itself may be missing since I don't see everything I would expect to match up to the light assembly. There are a few directions and youtubes showing how to replace the light on older trucks, Rogues, etc. but not for the 2015 Frontier with a painted bumper.

Does anyone know of a picture, drawing, illustration, etc that explains how to access the assembly for replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You have to partially remove the wheel well (few screws and plastic rivets).

I was confused at first too, as the bumper does not use all of the mounting tabs on the light. I can't recall exactly but basically you slide one side in, and then righted one screw, and that is about it. It also doesn't mount flush to the bumper, but is recesses a few mm.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ha ha. Since I only saw it after it had broken out I just assumed that you inserted it so that the screw was inserted into the tab with the hole and alignment tab slid into place before you snapped it down on the snap fitting. After about 30 minutes of frustration it occurred to me that what I was considering to be an alignment screw was not that at all but was the retaining screw and was still in the bumper simply because that was the piece that broke off the light. I removed the screw completely. Then everything snapped in perfectly and I inserted and tightened the retaining screw. Piece of cake.

Thanks for your help in making this $240 job a $39 one.

Howard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts