Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought this '05 LE CC a couple of weeks ago from an individual. It has a busted fog light. He orders an aftermarket replacement that he had shipped to me and it arrived yesterday.

1.) The box says "FL ASY (Chrome bumper)"
2.) As noted, I have an LE without said chrome bumper.
3.) What's the real difference in the parts for the painted vs chrome bumper, ie, should I sell this one and just order the other part?
4.) As far as actually installing the replacement, it appears that I have to remove a few screws/fasteners to get the inner fender cover out of the way, and then the light assembly itself is pretty simple to install, only a few bolts/screws. Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
I don't know if it is the same light on the SE or not - but I don't see why it wouldn't be - just for cheaper production costs.

As for getting to the light on the LE, you will need to remove the lower plastic grill (maybe the valance as well) and then simply pull it down out of the way and it is really easy to get to the fogs. I would try pulling it out and then compare the light to the part you have, as it is quite a simple procedure.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The shape is totally different between the two fog lights. I would sell the one you have since it has a large vertical support that is not needed and it is missing the needed bracket for the LE bumper.

Check them out on fontana nissan, courtesyparts and ebay for pics and I am sure fontana can hook you up with the best price since they are a supporting vendor.

Also, I know on my SE bumper, I didn't have to remove any body parts to gain access but it would have been a little easier if I did.

Lastly, it may be worth investing in some kind of light film to go over the fogs to help prevent them from being damaged from road debris. I would assume debris kill this fog light and what prevents the new one from having the same fate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For future reference, for anybody who has to repair one of these, the light fixture itself is exactly the same, it's the bracket/housing that's different. Three screws hold the light to the bracket. Remove those screws, and the lights are interchangeable. At least the one that I had was.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Ahhh, this is news to me. Heck, this is probably news to most since most people who deal with them are adding them, not just replacing them.

This will also help a lot when we need replacements. If the LE ones are cheaper, why not just order them and swap the housings then pay the extra for the SE/Nismo ones, lol. Another thing to add to my knowledge base of useless crap that just adds up until its needed someday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts