Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2012 sv with the painted bumper but no fog lights, I know what part numbers i need to install the factory fogs and so on. I even have a turn signal stock with the fog switch and the bulbs i want to run from another vehicle that h11 fogs as well. All i need is the lamps and mounting trim/hardware.

My question is does anyone know the part number and if its even available to buy the mounting ring for the assemblies? Because the fog lamps/assemblies are a generic 4 mount h11 unit found on many cars but what makes them unique to the frontier is the plastic ring the lamp mounts to that allows it to be attached to the bumper. Which is all that differs in the steel bumper part and the plastic bumper part as far as i can make out in the pictures of the products.

If i found the trim rings i would then be able to purchase subaru, scion, and i believe ford lamps that are the same thing but seem to be cheaper, they just do not have what appears to be the xterra/frontier specific mounting trim.

I just dont feel like i should have to pay ~$70 for just the housings when i can get them for 30 for other applications, especially when all im getting is a garbage halogen reflector set up that will not provide the level of output i am looking for anyways. Thus i will probably end up doing a retrofit or maybe bite the bullet and buy the kit from Rigid Industries...

But the trim rings would allow me more freedom to retrofit without having to buy a set of lamps just to get the trim rings and use another set of lamps.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
not sure if you can buy oem part without the glass housing. I've attached nissan instructions for PN# Best I can suggest is look about on amazon & ebay. I've seen a fair number of inexpensive bulb/housing/adapter for sale cheap, but not with the oem stalk.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,172 Posts
So i have a 2012 sv with the painted bumper but no fog lights, I know what part numbers i need to install the factory fogs and so on. I even have a turn signal stock with the fog switch and the bulbs i want to run from another vehicle that h11 fogs as well. All i need is the lamps and mounting trim/hardware.

My question is does anyone know the part number and if its even available to buy the mounting ring for the assemblies? Because the fog lamps/assemblies are a generic 4 mount h11 unit found on many cars but what makes them unique to the frontier is the plastic ring the lamp mounts to that allows it to be attached to the bumper. Which is all that differs in the steel bumper part and the plastic bumper part as far as i can make out in the pictures of the products.
No part number for just the mounting ring, they only come with the whole fog light assembly. You could find some aftermarket ones that are made to bolt into the Frontier bumper and just trash the lamp part, but it will cost you around $80ish for a pair from what I've seen.

I just dont feel like i should have to pay ~$70 for just the housings when i can get them for 30 for other applications.
You don't have to... you just won't get what you want for your specific application lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts