Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have ‘19 Frontier SV 4x4. It didn’t come with fog lights. So I was gonna install some oem fog lights. Here’s my question. My truck is prewired for fog lights. The only part I need is the combo switch on the stearing column. If I buy the oem combo switch am I able to just disconnect the old one and slap the new one in? And it’ll work? Cuz I was told it won’t. The computer won’t recognize that combo switch. Is this true or false ????

·
Registered
436 Posts
False.

It will work.

i have an SV ‘16 that didn’t come with fog lights. I bought the OEM fog lights and OEM turn signal stalk w/fog lights. It all just pops in and doesn’t take very long. Of course, if you use a non OEM kit (mostly referencing actual fog lights here) you might spend some time splicing, installing brackets, etc. so might take you a little longer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I have ‘19 Frontier SV 4x4. It didn’t come with fog lights. So I was gonna install some oem fog lights. Here’s my question. My truck is prewired for fog lights. The only part I need is the combo switch on the stearing column. If I buy the oem combo switch am I able to just disconnect the old one and slap the new one in? And it’ll work? Cuz I was told it won’t. The computer won’t recognize that combo switch. Is this true or false ????
i can’t find anyone that has just the turn signal stock. The combo is $250. But the Nissan parts warehouse in AZ won’t send it to me. Cuz it doesn’t go with my vin. crazy ****

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm two months late here, but this is worth saying: Whoever told you the computer wouldn't recognize the new light switch (with fog option) gave you incorrect (false) information. Just disconnect the battery before you change the switch to prevent any accidental short-circuits and it will work fine. I've done it twice. I used the Nissan fog light kit that came with the lights, the mounting hardware and the light switch with fog lights. Most after-market kits do not come with hardware you need to install the fog lights into the bumper - so I'd recommend you use the Nissan fog light kit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I may buy that switch/stalk, to fix my existing one.

Not to hijack, but does anyone have this problem: When I click my turn signal or my turn signal self-cancels my headlights briefly flicker, like there's something loose in the switch/stalk. The problem is more apparent now that I have LED headlights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts