Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2017 Frontier SV that did not come with fog lights. I ordered a kit from the Nissan dealer.
Once I could see the back side of the front bumper - I do not see how these fit. Seems like I have the wrong fog lights or maybe there is a bracket missing?

Any suggestions?
I'm posting three pictures - one is the back of the front bumper (looking from the inner fender well on the driver side) Notice there are three "stubs" sticking out around the fog light hole. One is at the 9 oclock positing, another is at the 2 oclock position and the last about 4 oclock position.
The fog lights I got look like the mounts are at the 9 oclock position and the 3 oclock position. I don't see how these fit this bumper. There was no hardware or extra brackets in the box. I called the dealer and they verified the kit part number is correct.

Has anyone dealt with this - am I missing something?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case this happens to someone else, I figured it out. My kit is OEM and it came from the dealer, but it did not have any of the hardware clips or screws that should have come with it. My Uncle has a 2019 frontier SV, and he let me open the wheel well area and look. I took a picture. You can see one of the clips in the picture. The other clip is made for a screw and it fits opposite side of light at the upper position on that side, then the screw holds that inner side of the fog light to that screw clip. You can't see that screw or it's clip in this picture - I just couldn't get my iphone 7plus inside while holding a flashlight, and then press the "take pic" button on the phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought an OEM kit that did come with hardware yesterday.

I could NOT get the spring clips to "click" and lock in place no matter what. Anyone have advice on this?

I got the screws in which are a PIA unless you have small hands and a stubby phillips. In the bottom right of that pic you can see another little "nub" on the foglight that goes into a hole in the bumper mount.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is how I did it:

Put the spring clip in the light housing first, then align the fog light to the bumper. (make sure the spring clip is aligned with the bumper tab but don't push it on the bumper tab yet. Next, put the screw/bolt in on opposite side and tighten it about hand tight. Now, press firmly on the fog light housing tab area - it should slide onto the bumper tab about 3/8th of an inch and then is grabbed on fairly well. Tighten the mounting screw/bolt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you got your kit from a Nissan dealer, it should include the mounting hardware. If that is the case, I recommend you try asking them for it. I did and they sent it to me.
If you can't get that hardware, this is what you need if your truck is the latest generation and your front bumper is plastic:
2 each Bolt PN 08146-6162G
2 each Clip PN 01554-0007U
2 each Housing Nut PN 08913-6365A

If your front bumper is metal, I don't know the part numbers for that mounting kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts